Just how much job security do we really have as union employees

WTFm8

I have multiple trucks to worry about and I simply don't have the time to stop, taking everything off a shelf, and rearrange an entire truck just so a driver doesn't have to walk 2 extra steps to grab a package that is out of sequence.

Wrong. Maybe you need to ride in one of the trucks and be told to grab the packages when it’s 130° in the back... package selection time due to load quality makes or breaks the day.

You should be telling a supervisor you need to adjust the load and request someone to help pull packages.

If enough people did this they’d be forced to hire more loaders... but people don’t so it’s a crap show.

PTPeanuts

Wrong. Maybe you need to ride in one of the trucks and be told to grab the packages when it’s 130° in the back... package selection time due to load quality makes or breaks the day.

Yeah the drivers have a difficult job....and so do I.
I have my own set of problems to worry about and lining up packages in perfect sequence ain't one of them.
Don't give me crap about 130 degrees. I unloaded trailers on twilight all last year.
A driver in 130 degrees for a few seconds compared to me being in 130 degrees continuously for hours.

542thruNthru

I have my own set of problems to worry about and lining up packages in perfect sequence ain't one of them.
Don't give me crap about 130 degrees. I unloaded trailers on twilight all last year.
A driver in 130 degrees for a few seconds compared to me being in 130 degrees continuously for hours.

Just ignore the drivers that think you should be working every second of your shift. Because I guarantee you they stop to talk to customers or play on their phone or change the radio.

Work hard do your best and ignore the drivers.

Go driving!
Try it sometime

LarryBird

We understand you have problems. We understand you have an extremely difficult job. I posted this already in the novel I left you on page one.

This is no excuse not to try your best. Giving up or saying good enough, instead of going the extra step to do it properly, is unacceptable, for everyone, but you.

WTFm8

... and yet again, you should have got everybody together with the safety committee and filed for dock fans.

But then you’ll complain about dust... but wait, what does the contract say about trailers being swept.

But wait, union members just don’t care or participate.

Amazon has dock fans. LOL

OKLABob

I put things in sequence the best I can but when I have a full 3000 shelf and I start getting a bunch of 3100s during the last trailer they are going wherever there is room on the shelf. If that is on top of a bunch of 3700s or to the left of a 3600 then so be it.
I have multiple trucks to worry about and I simply don't have the time to stop, taking everything off a shelf, and rearrange an entire truck just so a driver doesn't have to walk 2 extra steps to grab a package that is out of sequence.
As a driver who worked pre load I understand. I always check the entire shelf for a pkg if it is a 3000 I look over the entire shelf for that pkg it doesn’t take that much time and you are paid by the hour. I’d ignore the driver and continue to do the best you can that’s all they can ask for. You are human after all.

PT Car Washer

We understand you have problems. We understand you have an extremely difficult job. I posted this already in the novel I left you on page one.

This is no excuse not to try your best. Giving up or saying good enough, instead of going the extra step to do it properly, is unacceptable, for everyone, but you.
If he starts following your advice before he knows it he will have another package car to load. Preload management does not care about a drivers day.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
For how many hours? 3.5? Lmfao, you have no clue.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Eh hem.... do you have a idea what he's talking about?

Mr. Off the street hire.;)
I know that 3.5 hours is a lot less than 9.5 hours. Exactly how many less, I’m not sure, but yes I understand it’s hot in the building. 20 hours in the heat is less than 40 as well. So go touch a donkeys ball sack.

542thruNthru

I know that 3.5 hours is a lot less than 9.5 hours. Exactly how many less, I’m not sure, but yes I understand it’s hot in the building. 20 hours in the heat is less than 40 as well. So go touch a donkeys ball sack.

4 hours non stop in a hot trailer is probably about the same amount of time most drivers spend in the back of their package cars through out the day.

They both suck.

PT Car Washer

Not in the building but in a trailer baking in the sun all day with no ventilation. Try it sometime.