Just resigned and I have questions

Metraletta

I appreciate the responses. No it was not voluntary leave it was mandatory. Yes I did have a steward but I didn't have much of an idea on what to ask until it was too late. He did help me with a few things like work history and if I will be able to work for UPS again, other than that I didn't get any info on taxes, benefits, ect. Yes it was an infraction from what my steward and manager told me. This is a pretty dope bong I am smoking out of but I doubt that helps me get another job lol.

Edit: I'm not sure if I am in your local. I am from Illinois and my hub is Hodgkin's.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
In 804? Maybe they will go on strike to get his job back.
Funny, but not L804. 705 (or 710)

Edit: early next year your W2 will be mailed to you. If you move before then, call HR to update your address.

Last edited:

Mack Grant

So I recently resigned from my hub because of serious issues and I have a few questions regarding my payroll and benefits. My last day was Wednesday of last week but I still received my pay on Friday. Now before I resigned I was at 9.50 when I was supposed to be at $10/hr because I reached my year. What I wanted to know is would I still get my final check from the previous week + the extra they owe me for my year, and if so will it go to my bank or come in the mail?

For my second question, I was with UPS for roughly a year and some so my benefits kicked in and were used already. Now that I am no longer working with them how long do I have before my benefits are cancelled, or will they be cancelled at all? The reason I asked is because I dont want to get rid of my benefits papers knowing that they're still of some
Your avatar says it all. Good luck to you.

I think the benefits end the next day. We had a driver quit ( good standing) on a Thursday. His wife played on my soccer team and on the Sunday following his leave, his wife was injured on the field. They had no coverage at the ER on Sunday. He worked with us for about 18 yrs. that was 2 yrs ago and it may have changed but don't count on it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You should have benefits through the end of the month. You should receive your final paycheck, with any paid time you may still have, next Friday.
Not with teamcare. His benefits will immediately end. Once you have a week with zero reports your insurance ends retroactive to your first day off.

UPSGUY72

I appreciate the responses. No it was not voluntary leave it was mandatory. Yes I did have a steward but I didn't have much of an idea on what to ask until it was too late. He did help me with a few things like work history and if I will be able to work for UPS again, other than that I didn't get any info on taxes, benefits, ect. Yes it was an infraction from what my steward and manager told me. This is a pretty dope bong I am smoking out of but I doubt that helps me get another job lol.

Edit: I'm not sure if I am in your local. I am from Illinois and my hub is Hodgkin's.

So you where told to resign / quit or get fired and your shop steward thst was with you did do anything ?? That speaks volume. Most people would have told them I'm not quitting I take in your case the writing has been on the wall before.

You will most likely never be able to work for Ups again. I say most likely because stranger things gave happened.

Just like any other job that you work at not getting paid under the table you will get a W2 in the mail in Jan of 2015.