Just retired

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
You'll sit there, and say... right now I'd be "here" on my route.

then 10 minutes later you'll say now I'd be "here" on my route..

then at 10pm you'll instinctively yell "honey I'm home"

moreluck

golden ticket member
dfigtreee....you'll feel like the rest of us....messed up because of the time change and loss of one hour of sleep.:wink:

Seriously, congrats! Retirement is great and never enough time to get things done. You'll wonder how you ever found time for work.:)

30andout

If you just retired you must be at least 80, so oil up the wheel chair or put some new tennis balls on your walker and enjoy the rest of your life.:thumbup1:

retiredone

I retired in early 2004. At first you sleep late and take a very relaxed view of life. After awhile, I got bored and felt the need to have responsibilities. This might sound strange, but to a degree, I miss work. I guess this is a case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I'm financially secure and we have traveled a bit, but travel is expensive and there are limits. We are building a home in another state and this has consumed a lot of time. However, a lot of the time is simply waiting for someone to do some work on the new house. Dont get me wrong. Retirement is great. But you have to plan activities to stay busy.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Come on down and spend a week with me. Im having a blast being retired. Still putting in the 12 hour days, but it is because I want to.

A whole different outlook on life for sure.

d

roach

WGASA(Google It):>)
Just remember:

When you go out and pick up the newspaper, if it's really thick, then it's Sunday.

roach

retired2000

congrats on retiring. not every one makes it. you may feel lost for a few days but, the weather is turning nice and you will only miss the good friends you worked with. we have a breakfast club here we meet once a month at a local denny's usually we get any where from 20 to 35 retires. it si fun to see the guys nad gals. if you do not have such a thing where you are you may want to get one started.

enjoy your day

A

an anonymous guest

Well Dfig...except for the fishing, golf, hiking, travel, and time for your family and friends...you are really going to miss UPS. Congratulations...

Go UPS!
P71

25yrvet

This is what gives me & 1000's of other drivers incentive to keep going--seein' people walk out the door for the last time with a big smile on their face! I'm to the point now where I still enjoy the work, just not 9-10 hours a day. So my days (daze?) at ups could be numbered --even if I am a central states schmuck. Plan for YOUR future.

:wink:

formerbrown

Congrats - Retired in 2005 - took a while to shake the stress - Only daily beating I get now is from the stock market! Now I am enjoying life after Brown. Still get up early, but now it's like being on vacation every week. Found a nice 8 hour job with no nights, no weekends and no overtime! Hardest part was getting used to being married. We didn't see much of each other thanks to my dawn to dusk hours. Now we spend a lot of time together - getting used to it. Didn't realize what I was missing.

Cheers to you my friend - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!!!

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Retired in 2005 -----Congrats--it appears that there are a lot of people who are jealous of you......me being one of them!! You have paid your dues--so now it is time to do what it is you enjoy----spend time with your family-----fish----------maybe volunteer some of your great skills that UPS has taught you-------open a Driving School......A Good Kid Likes Milk??

I am right behind you---June 2006----looking forward to spending time with the grandkids----go to their ball games--maybe umpire or coach a team---fish----fish and fish some more------there is river fishing---lake fishing---ocean fishing........so many fishing spots--so little time!!