Just Say NO

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wow, just WOW! You just need to bury the hatchet.

You need to lay off the Milkman. We put in our years and now we can relax the way we want. You should be ashamed for harrassing him for something as trivial as him wanting to have name brand prescriptions. For some people, name brand is the only thing that works. Bet you didn't know that!

Actually, I thought he was the one doing the chasing and that I was the one reacting to his taunts and furthermore, I perceived it was in good natured jesting back and forth.
Us retired folks need something to fuss about since we don't have UPS to piss us off anymore. I put in my 40 years as well.
Maybe you need to chill out and quit being so sensitive.

I don't normally think of myself as a stalker but I will double-check my replies to The Milker to ensure I am not stalking.

As for name-brands, I am aware of that and I have two that I take and I pay $200 and $300 for each Rx every 3 months. Everything else is generic.

BTW - harassing only has 1 "r". :wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My supervisor once told me that I would have to cover for a route that I'd never done before and it was loaded nut to butt. I emphatically told him I would quit before I did the route and I meant it.

I don't think anyone should try that these days.

Today's UPS would jump on the chance for any driver at full pay to "quit".

The Milkman

I too know the Milkman. He's definitely for the Union and nothing more. And his home is immaculate to say the least! Hell, you can eat off his garage floor for that matter.

So hoop, remember when Pat Porcella got fired? He was walked out for the umpteenth time by his management team for the last time about ten years ago. I heard he got a job at DHL or some other competitor and was in management again. He ended up getting fired from that job by making up employees and actually cashing their checks! Can you imagine that?

That is the kind of management scum we were all used to in Local 177. So all you guys who find it funny to pick on people here on this site should sit back and reflect on your own kind. We were one local that stuck together and still do!

Yes Pat The Rat..Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:peaceful:

The Milkman

I did not realize that you were fighting for something ... I forgot your costs would go up. :peaceful:

I never understood the "Yes man" stuff. Everyone I have ever run across at UPS has been a Yes person.
They tell you to run this split, you do.
They tell you sheet up missed as Bad Weather, you do.
It always seemed to me that the Union employees were more "Yes Men" than management because they are directed more more and with more specific instructions.
I think I understand now ... you are bitter about being a Yes Man all those years and resenting having to do whatever the Stooges told you to do. :biting:

BTW - I use generic Rx every chance I can ... I always ask the doctor. I buy generic from the grocery store. I buy generic every chance I get.
When one buys brand, they are paying for advertising.
As a side note, people like you who don't try keep Rx and Medical costs in line is why medical costs are going up so much and why companies are insisting on co-pays and paying premiums for part of the cost of healthcare.
​Nice protest ... we all thank you for causing us to pay higher healthcare cost while we pay for your irresponsible behavior in an effort to bury your bitterness. :money:

The Milkman

We had no choice but say yes..Work as directed. But you would think that maybe some of the Stooges would of been a little more understanding at times by working with us for lets say an early day or something that could show a softer side to managment, Nah not in the Peoples Workshop Rules. And I run up costs for rx's. That is my right and choice that I have when I was talked into switching medical plans yrs before I hung it up. Some generics if you ck it out work sometimes not the same as name brands, my wife has gotten sick trying a generic pill,not saying all will do that but in some cases it will affect you differently. I think irresponsible behavior is in Atlanta, bestowing Millions to the CEO in so called tough times....So dont give me tha crap about wasteing $$$, over the yrs I saw plenty of irresponsible Center team decisions costing at times thousands of dollars in extra cost to Ups, examples are airs left behind and then taken to he Airport for line flights.HA! And you say I am irresponsible..Ups spends more time and money trying to Hire and Fire people, orientation costs are a big waste, telematics a waste of $$$, and smart labels to make things so easy a 6th grader can do the work are not working out.. First it was power steering, then lower steps into he cabs, automatics, now Ups can hire more women and minorities to just follow the diad stop by stop without so much as to make a decision by themselves. OH MY GOD!! Robotic drivers, Everything will be perfect in UPSLAND, all part timers, omsers running the ctr, no missed, no send agains, wow what a dream

:bsbullf:

The Milkman

I really never thought of it. I also always request generic because of the price but I guess those that don't really hurt the system. Why the hell would anyone get to be one that costs your insurance more?? They are the same. This screws the already broke system. These no voters just don't understand the cost of healthcare in the last ten years as opposed to what the actual profit ups gets from ground.
If they did I still don't think they would care because all they think about is the 4.62 billion profit that isn't only coming off our backs anymore.
Wait till the medical logistics really takes off 100%.

​This will drive the profits to record highs as the profits of US decrease.
You can't tell some people anything though because they don't understand or just don't want to.
Rascals.jpg

Hey Buckwheat.....Some generics are not available for some meds..Just wanted to let your feeble mind know that information
Rascals.jpg

The Milkman

Wow, just WOW! You just need to bury the hatchet.

Never, NEVER did my management team tell us to sheet up packages in bad weather as missed, NEVER. They would go out of their way to explain exactly how to sheet them up and it was never as a missed package.

My supervisor once told me that I would have to cover for a route that I'd never done before and it was loaded nut to butt. I emphatically told him I would quit before I did the route and I meant it. He made another cover driver who knew the route do it. It's all about area knowledge right? So I guess I'm not a "YES" man in your book.

Another example...I was getting creamed one X-mas with tons of packages. I had to off-load a section behind a motorcycle shop just so I could sort my truck. That Friday(I believe it was the 21st) I came in to see my P800 loaded to the gills! It turned out to be 957 pieces and 640 stops that day. No bulk stops, no pickups, just houses. The section that I off loaded I just couldn't get to so I sent a message to my management team(before DIAD days) via missed packages. I spent 20 minutes sheeting up 176 missed pieces at 12:00 midnight before I went in. I clocked out at 1:05 AM. Nobody even waited for me in my management team but they knew I was still out there. I could've been lying in a ditch for all they knew. The next Monday I caught hell for it. For the missed pkgs but nothing else. I voiced my concern every day before this happened. I kept telling my manager that I just couldn't physically do the work. I actually paid my helper out of my pocket towards the end of the week to stay with me because he wanted to quit.

You need to lay off the Milkman. We put in our years and now we can relax the way we want. You should be ashamed for harrassing him for something as trivial as him wanting to have name brand prescriptions. For some people, name brand is the only thing that works. Bet you didn't know that!

Yes you got spanked and beat my record..One peak Mortons dad passed away, the stooges wanted me to run his rte which I had not been on in yrs because I had area knowledge like yourself. I asked them to put a lower seniority driver on but thet said no.. So off I went, was told to meet a helper, Met the helper a 40 yr old women, her first day as a helper. Told to keep her 4hrs. Well I kept her over 8hrs. Pulled into the ctr about 11:30PM with 2 cnl pkgs..Next morning into the office with the shop steward (Jeff) and was told I was the highest paid in the district and I single handedly destroyed the center, I smiled at the Stooge and said. " Gee I thought I did a Good Job, only bought back 2 pieces" That was the last time I was pulled from my bid route.....:happy-very:

The Milkman

Yep I know that son. What I was talking about was getting name brand when generic was available son.

Again my choice. When changing RX plans we were all told...Mail in is free...Generics free at drugstores and brand names $5.00...Why should I change my rx that I have been on for yrs and yrs and go generic? Do UPS a favor? When I have to I will get generics , untill then I have 4 more yrs of free choice. Ups sticking it to employees after they change plans. Yep, they tell you one thing then they want to steer you to generics..If my body as not so beat up from driving those pre power steering tanks and non lumbar seats and knee high steps into the cab pkg cars, maybe I would not be needing so many rx's now while retired..

:whatever:

Last edited:

The Milkman

as previously stated...it'll take a whole team of shrinks to deal with this guy.

If anything you need a shrink. I tell the truth ,no sugar coating like Ups management to the higher ups. Maybe if I went to alot of Peoples Workshops with Hoax and had a plaque on my wall I would then be certified to be a people person? If you have been around any length of time maybe you have seen or maybe not managers crack under pressure, I have seen them all of a sudden drop out of sight in our bldg then everything is Hush Hush...Some quit, others get demoted to on car sups because of the insane pressure put on them.More than likely the ink on your application is still wet, you still have hope then. Don't let them brainwash you into one of their Yes men that will benenfit their plans down the road. I hope it is not to late. If by chance you are a senior driver I would think you would be one lonely guy in the a.m and at turn in time. Maybe a shrink like lets say...Jim Carrey, Robin Williams, Kevin James or maybe even Ray Romano can help you before you are a lost cause. By then it will be Yes Yes Yes to anything thrown at you..
:obeyhypnosmiley::yesssmileyf:images.jpg
images.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
1. Generics usually, but not always are the same. Hydrocodone, is suppose to be the same as Vicodin, it is not. I know.
2. The thread is just say No, not fight with Hoax.

1. Generics usually, but not always are the same. Hydrocodone, is suppose to be the same as Vicodin, it is not. I know.
2. The thread is just say No, not fight with Hoax.
Honestly Tooner I'm seeing a lot of real stupid posters here lately. It's worse than peak the presidential election and the teamster election with a shot of a local 804 election thrown in for good measure. These people coming out of the woodwork make me want to just crawl in.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Honestly Tooner I'm seeing a lot of real stupid posters here lately. It's worse than peak the presidential election and the teamster election with a shot of a local 804 election thrown in for good measure. These people coming out of the woodwork make me want to just crawl in.
I agree. Storage wars, swamp anything, TMZ, Big Bang Theory, American Dad, American Pickers, Days of our lives is all looking pretty good. im tired of gloom and doom, I actually listened to rock and roll today instead of talk radio. Bob Seger, tooned me up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I agree. Storage wars, swamp anything, TMZ, Big Bang Theory, American Dad, American Pickers, Days of our lives is all looking pretty good. im tired of gloom and doom, I actually listened to rock and roll today instead of talk radio. Bob Seger, tooned me up.

​Like a rock!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Must be looking in the mirror alot.