Just tried the chat room?????????

curiousbrain

What do I have a reputation I'm not aware of?

I dunno.

I recall a month or so ago that you had made a remark about how your graphics card was really hot after a session of gaming ... it led me to form a particular conclusion about what you do with your recreational activities. Thus, the logical extension of that (or so I figured) was that you "game." And, modern gaming, aside from first person shooters a la Modern Warfare and company, is online gaming.

Thus, I assumed you played online games.

Apologies if I was mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimnim

The Nim
I dunno.

I recall a month or so ago that you had made a remark about how your graphics card was really hot after a session of gaming ... it led me to form a particular conclusion about what you do with your recreational activities. Thus, the logical extension of that (or so I figured) was that you "game." And, modern gaming, aside from first person shooters a la Modern Warfare and company, is online gaming.

Thus, I assumed you played online games.

Apologies if I was mistaken.

Nope, not mistaken. I do recall making it known in another thread awhile back that I played WoW as well.

edit, dug up the thread. here

Last edited:

curiousbrain

I'm a bit of a classic fan myself: Deus Ex, Bioshock, FF2 (American listing; not Japan - the one with Cecil), so on and so forth.

I enjoyed MMO's when UO first came out, and then EQ sort of broke new ground ... but lately, I've felt that they have become a little stale; which is fine, I get that there is a progressive evolution aspect to games ... but until something really new comes out, I'm probably done for a few years.

edit: Chrono Trigger, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nimnim

The Nim
Thekid and I are alone in the chat currently. I guess you could say we're so ronery...

*some "adult" language.
[video=youtube;xh_9QhRzJEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh_9QhRzJEs[/video]

Nimnim

The Nim
And now we're a quartet...

[video=youtube;Exjtw1hPgq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exjtw1hPgq0[/video]

For the record, I will find a video for each number we reach.

P.S. I'm drinking, and I'll continue to drink. So if you want some drunken entertainment from me, join the chat. Else I'll have to spend my time decoding klien posts while intoxicated.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I would play online games again but if any raid or activity starts before 9pm eastern, I can't commit to making it. The best part is when you log on and half the people say"hey man,we need another in here, we've already been in here for 2 hours" Then you explain you just got off work and they ask if I worked second shift. :bored2:

curiousbrain

But, as the late straggler, you can't really be held responsible for the wipes ... you just got off work, your mind isn't in the game, etc. It's a decent position to be in.

Nimnim

The Nim
I would play online games again but if any raid or activity starts before 9pm eastern, I can't commit to making it. The best part is when you log on and half the people say"hey man,we need another in here, we've already been in here for 2 hours" Then you explain you just got off work and they ask if I worked second shift. :bored2:

I raided with Australians a lot because of my schedule, getting home at 4 am, it was like 6 pm for them.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I earned my Amani war bear, first in my guild to have one. I ran with the Aussies for 6 months 2 times a week to get mine, while my guild struggled the whole time while I went to work.

And the chat is back up to 5.

I played awhile back, got to be a grind and went back and forth from console to pc . Nowadays I just watch dvr from the week when I get home "early" before 9. Otherwise it's dinner, shower, and bed. Weekends are full of baseball and fishing/golf when the kids are doing their own thing.