Just wanted to make a quick post to those wanting to be PT sups

Acelesson

Primary Supervisor
Ive not posted here in years. I was actually googling UPS starting salary for sups these days and saw this forum. Then I started reading a lot of posts with negativity towards PT supervision jobs.

I worked at UPS for 6 years, was a PT sup for 4 years; while the job may be close to a dead end within the company, there are PLENTY of companies that hire anyone with UPS management experience. Use the job as a stepping stone to get out of the sweat shop.

Ive been with my current company for ten years now (first job after UPS). I manage one of our distribution centers and make 102k a year with 10% bonus eligibility. Trust me, it IS worth it to be a supervisor if you are looking to get into business management. I wouldn't have has this opportunity I have without taking that leap in the early 2000's.

Dont get discouraged and hang in there!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I was just amazed that someone who quit UPS amounted to something
When you were around it was a company you can retire with, now it’s just as the OP used it as, a stepping stone. It’s why all the good talent leave for better companies that treat them better.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was just amazed that someone who quit UPS amounted to something

When you were around it was a company you can retire with, now it’s just as the OP used it as, a stepping stone. It’s why all the good talent leave for better companies that treat them better.

I know several management who left and did much better and made much more money at other companies.
I still keep up with them on Facebook
I had three headhunters contact me about Web-centered jobs, including Web Analytics*, for much better pay (over double) but no benefits other than 401k. I was tempted but 30 years at UPS (and over 40 years old) with it's excellent total compensation package (at that time) was hard to walk away from.

* I recommended one of my reports to them and they hired him away. He was just too smart and driven for UPS … and he knew a lot more about Web Analytics than I did.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Which is normal for any Corporation.
UPS is now playing the same game and hiring in people with specific skills and experience at all levels of management.

Just part of the new UPS.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Learning that you are no longer a UPS employee I will be forced to ban your account. Sorry.
giphy.gif

sailfish

Sooooo.... You make as much as a FT driver with no pension and worse benefits.
And without destroying his body and getting completely :censored2: on on a daily basis and being micromanaged over every little aspect of his job and has a sense of personal control over his workload and has the freedom to take his skill elsewhere without starting from the bottom all over again because he can market himself and command salaries and probably work much better hours and probably has a 401k and doesn't necessarily need those benefits anyway because he makes $102k.

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

tenor.gif

It’s already in the makings to use it to cushion my resume. Stay with ups forever as a manager and I have no pension plan?? :wornout: Surely you can’t be serious...

Heavy Package

And without destroying his body and getting completely :censored2: on on a daily basis and being micromanaged over every little aspect of his job and has a sense of personal control over his workload and has the freedom to take his skill elsewhere without starting from the bottom all over again because he can market himself and command salaries and probably work much better hours and probably has a 401k and doesn't necessarily need those benefits anyway because he makes $102k.

And a phone and computer glued to his hip 24/7 and other stresses that suck in his job. Do I care about how the sort went last night? Staffing issues? Profitability? Cost control? Nope to any of that. I watched the game last night and surfed the internet, His email went off 12 x. Been in that role and it sucks - Oh, and just wait until the next recession or as benefit costs keep skyrocketing.

sailfish

And a phone and computer glued to his hip 24/7 and other stresses that suck in his job. Do I care about how the sort went last night? Staffing issues? Profitability? Cost control? Nope to any of that. I watched the game last night and surfed the internet, His email went off 12 x. Been in that role and it sucks - Oh, and just wait until the next recession or as benefit costs keep skyrocketing.
What I'm getting at though is that UPS Driver isn't the be all end all career some make it out to be, using its pay and benefits alone to hold it as the ultimate standard by which every other job in the world is measured

PT Car Washer

What I'm getting at though is that UPS Driver isn't the be all end all career some make it out to be, using its pay and benefits alone to hold it as the ultimate standard by which every other job in the world is measured
Starting to sound more and more like the worse job on the planet. Oh but the money is great.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Man that's an awful lot assuming going on from what he posted. Someone is awful sassy about UPS
giphy (14).gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ive not posted here in years. I was actually googling UPS starting salary for sups these days and saw this forum. Then I started reading a lot of posts with negativity towards PT supervision jobs.

I worked at UPS for 6 years, was a PT sup for 4 years; while the job may be close to a dead end within the company, there are PLENTY of companies that hire anyone with UPS management experience. Use the job as a stepping stone to get out of the sweat shop.

Ive been with my current company for ten years now (first job after UPS). I manage one of our distribution centers and make 102k a year with 10% bonus eligibility. Trust me, it IS worth it to be a supervisor if you are looking to get into business management. I wouldn't have has this opportunity I have without taking that leap in the early 2000's.

Dont get discouraged and hang in there!
fake