Just wanted to make a quick post to those wanting to be PT sups

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
30 years with the company and I still get the letter every January asking if I am interested in being a part time stupidvisor. Chances for quick advancement states the letter! LOL, I make more than any part time supervisor and the majority of full time supervisors. Piss on it! I am going for it next year!!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
30 years with the company and I still get the letter every January asking if I am interested in being a part time stupidvisor. Chances for quick advancement states the letter! LOL, I make more than any part time supervisor and the majority of full time supervisors. Piss on it! I am going for it next year!!
you should do it

Heavy Package

I think I will move to Cali and become a supe there! What do I have to lose?

California...The land of fruits and nuts!

Democrat-Memes-2.jpg

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
It really isn't that bad to be a pt sup, you just have to know the area and what you're doing. Be respectful to your coworkers, remember that THEY run the building, not you, so don't be a jerk. You will still be just as busy as a package handler, but you will learn the rhythem it takes to be "successful" at UPS.

Heavy Package

What I'm getting at though is that UPS Driver isn't the be all end all career some make it out to be, using its pay and benefits alone to hold it as the ultimate standard by which every other job in the world is measured

And what I'm getting at is neither is a distribution center manager.

And without destroying his body and getting completely :censored2: on on a daily basis and being micromanaged over every little aspect of his job and has a sense of personal control over his workload and has the freedom to take his skill elsewhere without starting from the bottom all over again because he can market himself and command salaries and probably work much better hours and probably has a 401k and doesn't necessarily need those benefits anyway because he makes $102k.
Makes me cringe to think that one will probably will have to work until 65 or even 67 at that job. Most drivers are out to pasture by 55. That is the biggest unquantifiable benefit.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Quality is what you make it. An extra 10-15 years of free time is priceless.
True. But circumstances are subjective. Since I left UPS, I actually lose track of what day of the week it is. I don't particularly look forward to the weekend because frankly, I don't have to. And getting out of bed has never been consistently easier in my entire life.

I will more than make up that ten years not only through a better work-life balance throughout the week, but by the fact that I've finally discovered a field that makes something I enjoy highly profitable without having to force it.