Keith Olbermann Suspended Without Pay

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fired again.....

Current TV, the fledgling liberal cable channel, said Friday that it had terminated its relationship with Keith Olbermann, the anchor that it hired just one year ago.

In a letter to viewers, the channel said Friday: “We created Current to give voice to those Americans who refuse to rely on corporate-controlled media and are seeking an authentic progressive outlet. We are more committed to those goals today than ever before. Current was also founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it.”

Mr. Olbermann will not be given an opportunity to sign off. Starting Friday night, the former New York governor Eliot Spitzer will replace him at 8 p.m.

The decision to dismiss Mr. Olbermann was unanimous among the senior managers of Current, according to a person familiar with the matter.

texan

Fired again.....
Current TV, the fledgling liberal cable channel, said Friday that it had terminated its relationship with Keith Olbermann, the anchor that it hired just one year ago.

In a letter to viewers, the channel said Friday: “We created Current to give voice to those Americans who refuse to rely on corporate-controlled media and are seeking an authentic progressive outlet. We are more committed to those goals today than ever before. Current was also founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it.”

Mr. Olbermann will not be given an opportunity to sign off. Starting Friday night, the former New York governor Eliot Spitzer will replace him at 8 p.m.

The decision to dismiss Mr. Olbermann was unanimous among the senior managers of Current, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Sounds like grounds for yet another Congressional sub committee Investigation.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
177,000 viewers on average, not exactly burning up the airwaves. At least he can still tweet to his 377,000 followers.

av8torntn

Kinda, maybe. TV and radio are two different beasts. If I remember correctly, Rush wasn't long running on TV and when he was on, it was late at night.

But if people are going to claim that Rush is the leader of the right it has to be presumed that Olbermann is the leader of the left. I think there is little doubt the left control the majority of TV especially current and msnbc. Don't worry there is always the possibility some network will pick him up.

bbsam

Staff member
But if people are going to claim that Rush is the leader of the right it has to be presumed that Olbermann is the leader of the left. I think there is little doubt the left control the majority of TV especially current and msnbc. Don't worry there is always the possibility some network will pick him up.
Worry? Not me. I don't care for him much. Same as Maher. Too damn angry. Stewart/Colbert for me, thanks.