Label and DIAD mismatch

jensen37

Is there something up with the backend? I've recently noticed a bunch of packages on my route that have DIAD going to one place and the actual printed address going to another - often to places which are not even on my route.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Is there something up with the backend? I've recently noticed a bunch of packages on my route that have DIAD going to one place and the actual printed address going to another - often to places which are not even on my route.

That would be an issue with the spa system. If it detects any problem the the address, it will try to assign it the "correct" address, which is sometimes nowhere close. That is what we have clerks for, but then again, I've had clerks mess it up too. I message them in as misloads. Then they message back and asking how it's a misload. Then I tell them to track the package and tell me what the problem is.

jensen37

That would be an issue with the spa system. If it detects any problem the the address, it will try to assign it the "correct" address, which is sometimes nowhere close. That is what we have clerks for, but then again, I've had clerks mess it up too. I message them in as misloads. Then they message back and asking how it's a misload. Then I tell them to track the package and tell me what the problem is.
Actually I had inquired about this before and they told me that the package is on the right route and for some reason the printed label is not in the system at all and they have no idea why it says "123 Main Street" on the label instead of "545 1st Avenue". I've been instructed by supervisor to just deliver to what is listed on the label, but I don't want to get dinged for misdeliveries.

Nothing new here. What kind of question is this?
I've just noticed a recent increase in them on my route that's why I was wondering if UPS was doing something wonky

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Actually I had inquired about this before and they told me that the package is on the right route and for some reason the printed label is not in the system at all and they have no idea why it says "123 Main Street" on the label instead of "545 1st Avenue". I've been instructed by supervisor to just deliver to what is listed on the label, but I don't want to get dinged for misdeliveries.

I've just noticed a recent increase in them on my route that's why I was wondering if UPS was doing something wonky

Deliver it to the address on which label? The customer's shipping label? Or the spa label? It should be the customer's label, and if it's not on your route tell them. If they have you deliver it anyway, more money for you.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

I feel ya, there have been a couple of weird ones recently. I've just been practicing best judgement on them whether to bring to the clerk or dump into the cab. 4 in one week is abnormally high. For most businesses, the physical appearance of the box serves as a good clue whether it belongs there.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Free stops!

barnyard

KTM rider
If there is a huge discrepancy between the 2, I sheet as NSN and bring it to the clerk to AC. The exception is if I know the people at the address. Then I do the AC myself in the diad.

DriverNerd

Always deliver to the address on the label. If it doesn't exist enter it as an exception. If it does exist go to the correct address and enter an address correction in the DIAD. The DIAD will then ask you to type in the address as it's listed on the label.

PT Car Washer

Called an off SPA. Scan a package and put the SPA label on a different one. I had one Friday and when I brought it to the sups attention, he didn't know what to do. Easiest thing to do is just take it for a ride and send in a misload message. Always deliver to the package address not the SPA address.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
i just sheet it as a misload and message in Bad spa/pal/hin. sheet as missed at the end of the day. it's not my job to fix their automation.