labeling shelves

wannabeups

I am a laid off feeder driver. This morning I was pulling stuff out of the cages while the loaders loaded.

I have loaded package cars before, I know for alot of guys it is no big deal. But isn't there some way you could label the inside of the car. I am terrible when it comes to thinking. I have a package that has 2### written I have to stop and think where it goes. And it slows me down. Couldn't some invest in a label gun or go to office supply and mark the areas.

Thank you for letting me vent

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The shelves should have already been labeled, I'm surprised they aren't where you are at. Although since we went on PAS/EDD, the numbers on the shelf labels are faded out. All Package Cars should be labeled the same.

SmithBarney

There was a period of time where I was going through a new loader every
couple weeks,(and the preload sup was about a useful as a bag of *@#$)
I told my on-car that when I got back that night, I would be taking 30+minutes
to label the entire truck. He reluctantly agreed(only had to remind him how
any businesses I'd missed due to misloads)
The truck looked like a Kindergarden classroom, everything was labelled
from floor to ceiling. I even made a huge "TIPS" sheet on the bulkhead
filled with reminders...
Needless to say, the loads improved(not the best, but they got better)
on-car actually started having other drivers(with load issues) do the same thing.

G

Galaxy45MP

I'll never forget may years ago here in Toledo. I was a part-time sorter, and we were moving into our new hub. The ZIp code splits to the color-coded belts were all new, different, and more numerous. I made small charts on my own time to tape in front of me so I could do my part to make the transition smoother for myself AND the company. You will never believe what happened on that first day in the new building. I had my charts taped in front of me , and this manager/ supervisor or whatever he was , came up to me and told me to take them down because it might mess up the paint...lol...What a maroon. He didn't have a clue that there was going to be 10,000 missorts an hour in the new place. I took them down, and after an hour or so of total confusion with packages going every place except where they were supposed to, he came back and asked me where my charts were so he could make copies to help others out. They were in my back pocket, but I told them I destroyed them, I was so mad. Very discouraged I was that day. Never been the same since then. Thats when I knew that something just wasn't right with this company. SO I just plug along these days as a feeder driver, doing what they tell me, and thats all.

dillweed

Galaxy, I understand how you must have felt that day and am glad you didn't give the sup your charts. He would have shown them to his sup, telling that HE made them himself and would have gotten lots of credit for your hard work. Keep plugging along and be safe! dw

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a driver draw up a set of charts, showed them to the preload supe, said this is how I would like my truck loaded. Supe ripped them up right in front of the driver. The supe quit right after PAS started. Guess it just wasn't the right job for him.

LKLND3380

I am a laid off feeder driver. This morning I was pulling stuff out of the cages while the loaders loaded.

I have loaded package cars before, I know for alot of guys it is no big deal. But isn't there some way you could label the inside of the car. I am terrible when it comes to thinking. I have a package that has 2### written I have to stop and think where it goes. And it slows me down. Couldn't some invest in a label gun or go to office supply and mark the areas.

Thank you for letting me vent

Go to the SPA/DATA area and get 14 blank PAL labels (per car)... Use a crayon/marker and write your numbers...