Labor union Teamsters to vote towards unionizing Amazon workers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Labor union Teamsters to vote towards unionizing Amazon workers - Yahoo

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters, a labor union in the U.S. and Canada, said on Tuesday it is set to vote for a resolution to unionize workers at Amazon.com Inc by creating an Amazon-specific division to aid workers.

At its 30th international convention, representatives from 500 local unions, representing 1.4 million workers across the United States, will come together to discuss how it can support and help improve livelihoods of Amazon workers, Teamsters said in a statement.

Amazon did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.

Est.1998

Labor union Teamsters to vote towards unionizing Amazon workers - Yahoo

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters, a labor union in the U.S. and Canada, said on Tuesday it is set to vote for a resolution to unionize workers at Amazon.com Inc by creating an Amazon-specific division to aid workers.

At its 30th international convention, representatives from 500 local unions, representing 1.4 million workers across the United States, will come together to discuss how it can support and help improve livelihoods of Amazon workers, Teamsters said in a statement.

Amazon did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
@542thruNthru

542thruNthru

I'm already doing my part. Door knocking, talking to Amazon workers and trying to get other members involved.

The common responses are....

"We'll never organize Amazon."

And

"Isn't that the locals job?"

This isn't some small company. It's the second largest in the country. Volunteers are needed to reach as many people as we can. So when it comes to your local I hope you and others get involved.

542thruNthru

How did your pension look, pre- bailout?
Has been 92% funded for years, way before the bailout. Plus a 33% pension bonus granted.
sketch-1624410736490.jpg

What else you got FedEx?

Please... You guys wish you were us. I can retire at 50 years old, full pension and health benefits.
logo.png

Stay in your lane little brother. ;)
giphy-4.gif

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Has been 92% funded for years, way before the bailout. Plus a 33% pension bonus granted.
View attachment 341907

What else you got FedEx?

Please... You guys wish you were us. I can retire at 50 years old, full pension and health benefits.
View attachment 341909

Stay in your lane little brother. ;)
View attachment 341910
I’d have loved to have been a contributing member before I retired.

But membership is declining, so unless dues are raised, I stand by my remarks.

542thruNthru

I’d have loved to have been a contributing member before I retired.

But membership is declining, so unless dues are raised, I stand by my remarks.

I know you would have that's why I'm giving you a hard time.

It's the circle of life my friend. With the way things are going and today's generations.. you'll see a rise in unions. Unless companies change which we know is less likely.

Of course that's my opinion.

It will be fine

I know you would have that's why I'm giving you a hard time.

It's the circle of life my friend. With the way things are going and today's generations.. you'll see a rise in unions. Unless companies change which we know is less likely.

Of course that's my opinion.
What would lead you to believe younger generations are interested in union membership? I don’t see any evidence to support that.

Karma...

Good timing...democratic government...level the field........a great way for the union to get more members by extorting both the workers and company....increase the power of the Democratic Party....enhance entitlement ....spread unionism and not kill the golden goose ( ups ) by squeezing more monies and restricting operation flexibilities out of ups like a python in Florida......I am saying this as an observer...there are many great union free companies to invest in...

BeefiestMass

What would lead you to believe younger generations are interested in union membership? I don’t see any evidence to support that.
I absolutely do. Not just anecdotally in our building, but across everyone I meet my age and younger. Polling puts the highest level of union support and lowest level of opposition in the 18-34yo range, and support is at the highest it's been in 20 years.