Amazon Hub Votes to Unionize

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How much of that has to do with the hof… hell, someone said that he didn’t even use email and all correspondence was done by a fax machine….seriously???
The dude won, did what the big boys couldn't do. They better study why? How was he able to connect while the other could not? I'll give you it was NY, but organizers moving forward better learn what make people from other geographical regions tick.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The dude won, did what the big boys couldn't do. They better study why? How was he able to connect while the other could not? I'll give you it was NY, but organizers moving forward better learn what make people from other geographical regions tick.
We’re talking about 2 different things here I think…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s not just what makes people tick…Volkswagen pretty much told people to join the uaw in the south and people still voted it down… can’t fix stupid buddy… this dude who is the leader of the Amazon union has age and the same experience that other Amazon workers have… they can relate and connect to him… that’s what I meant… big unions need to look at this and adapt their tactics.. what aren’t you getting here????

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It’s not just what makes people tick…Volkswagen pretty much told people to join the uaw in the south and people still voted it down… can’t fix stupid buddy… this dude who is the leader of the Amazon union has age and the same experience that other Amazon workers have… they can relate and connect to him… that’s what I meant… big unions need to look at this and adapt their tactics.. what aren’t you getting here????
What makes them tick? Something is making them vote it down? What is it?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
True but the big issue is going to be that they are a fulfillment center and Amazon can redirect packages to another fulfillment center to minimize loses. If it was a delivery or sort center it would be different.

It's going to be a very hard fought battle but it's a step in the right direction and empowers Amazon workers and let's them know that it is possible to take on Amazon.
Amazon leases all of its buildings. They can shutdown and open up across the street.

542thruNthru

Maybe not 100%. But every warehouse I’ve ever seen with an Amazon logo on it also had “ProLogis” or some other chain logistic/warehouse signage somewhere on the building as well.
Interesting. Here they are buying new developments. There is a HUGE one being built right now by the boarder right across the street from another one.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Interesting. Here they are buying new developments. There is a HUGE one being built right now by the boarder right across the street from another one.
There is suppose to be a Warehouse being built in the IE off the I-10 that is suppose to be one of the biggest built in the US… article didn’t say who the tenant is going to be but it’s only for one company… more than likely Amazon… I thought the article said over 3 million sqft..

542thruNthru

There is suppose to be a Warehouse being built in the IE off the I-10 that is suppose to be one of the biggest built in the US… article didn’t say who the tenant is going to be but it’s only for one company… more than likely Amazon… I thought the article said over 3 million sqft..
Amazon here likes to keep it a secret till the building is built. It's obvious though because it's built to the same specifications as all their warehouses.

ManInBrown

That's an old UPS trick.
Bingo. I bet that’s what they do. Walmart did the same thing years ago in Canada. It went to their Supreme Court and Walmart won. They’ll just close that building, probably fire everyone, and open up a new building close by.

i quoted the wrong post.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Amazon leases all of its buildings. They can shutdown and open up across the street.

They dont lease all their buildings and that would be a major violation of labor law.

What amazon will actually do is stall the first CBA and work on getting rid of pro union people, then in a year they will push to decertify.

Still a long road ahead for this amazon union, however dems are in charge at the moment so that means a more union friendly dept of labor and NLRB.

Overpaid Union Thug

Isn’t Amazon controlled by Bezos and a slew of other liberals? I thought they were pro union?

B5A02BA0-B138-4BD2-AF9A-33100D5C3BF7.jpeg