Lack of work, not sure what to do

PeytonBlue86

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hey all,

Been with ups since July. Preloaded for two months and became a peak driver sept-dec. My question is, with having preload senority, paying my dues, is it correct for them not to have me come in for preload shift? They have worked me 1-2 days the last two weeks. I'm thinking of filing for partial unemployment because with my dues being taken out, I'm not even clearing 100$ a paycheck for my region.

Any suggestions or tips are welcomed. I want to stick this out for the long run. I realize it's a marathon and not a sprint.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey all,

Been with ups since July. Preloaded for two months and became a peak driver sept-dec. My question is, with having preload senority, paying my dues, is it correct for them not to have me come in for preload shift? They have worked me 1-2 days the last two weeks. I'm thinking of filing for partial unemployment because with my dues being taken out, I'm not even clearing 100$ a paycheck for my region.

Any suggestions or tips are welcomed. I want to stick this out for the long run. I realize it's a marathon and not a sprint.
hang in there it takes time

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey all,

Do you pay dues?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have been since August. Not sure if this would be considered a grievance because I know people who were hired specifically for peak preload are working more hours in a week than I have in 2 weeks.

Find a steward not Stewart or Stuart and tell him you’d like to grieve this situation

Then do it

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hey all,

So are they not having you work preload because you might drive since you’re a seasonal driver?

PeytonBlue86

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So are they not having you work preload because you might drive since you’re a seasonal driver?
They're not really even having me do preload either. I havent driven since the Friday before Christmas. I was a helper for 2 days last week(which they gave me the wrong rate, lower than my preload rate) and have only done a day of preload this week. I was supposed to work this morning but I was told not to come in because volume wasnt as much as they expected.

Faceplanted

You should be working preload as that is your assigned shift. They need to notify you 24hr prior if you are needed to drive the next day. You probably won’t be driving again until summer vacations, maybe even not until next peak.

Thanks for skipping your lunch and running off the stops during peak though!!!

Last edited:

PeytonBlue86

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You should be working preload as that is your assigned shift. They need to notify you 24hr prior if you are needed to drive the next day. You probably won’t be driving again until summer vacations, maybe even not until next peak.

Thanks for skipping your lunch and running off the stops during peak though!!!

Yeah I prepared myself for the lack of driving but not the whole preload thing. And you're totally welcome! I do have to say, I already miss my regulars and having my delivery ritual

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Question tho, say it I were to file for partial unemployment because I havent been anywhere near my hours, is that an automatic target on my back?
Don’t file for unemployment. Show up to work and demand your hours. If they send you home file to be paid.

Target be damned if you don’t stand up for yourself this company will walk all over you.

cachmeifucan

Just go to work don't say anything and start working. Just act like someone told you to come in. Then if they send you home tell them you have more senority don't point fingers tell them to figure that out. Then file

542thruNthru

I have been since August. Not sure if this would be considered a grievance because I know people who were hired specifically for peak preload are working more hours in a week than I have in 2 weeks.

If you're not driving then you should be back at preload.

If lower seniority preloaders are working then you need to file a grievance for the hours lost by not following seniority.

If you are afraid of having a target on your back then just stay home and suck your thumb.

Stop letting them push you around. Once they think they can do it they won't stop.