Laid Off!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'm in the central. I knew there was a reason I had heard just take unemployment.

The problem with taking a layoff instead of bumping at least 1 part-timer, especially if it is going to be for multiple weeks, is that you have no insurance under Teamcare for any week that you do not work at least 1 day.

You also have no accrued hours towards vacations and pension.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The problem with taking a layoff instead of bumping at least 1 part-timer, especially if it is going to be for multiple weeks, is that you have no insurance under Teamcare for any week that you do not work at least 1 day.

You also have no accrued hours towards vacations and pension.
My local is 1 day a month for full pension. Except that teamcare crap. Don't get me started.

opey

If you made seniority, doesnt that mean you are in the union and get full time? also, if you havent made seniority yet, can you still request to work inside? im in a situation where i had some days in before peak started, and now that peak is over ive only worked 1 day between this and last week. i have lots of bills to pay and pretty much anything less than full time isnt going to pay them, they tell me im making book and not being let go but this is frustrating and getting dangerous for me now.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you do not want to work splits to get your 40, ask if you can work local sort or preload and get a job delivering pizzas. You would be surprised how much you can make doing that.

iruhnman630

It happens.

My first spring I collected unenjoyment for much of Feb, March, and April.

I only collected 1 week after that first year.

Rack em

Made the Podium
There is a driver who once only worked 5 days in a year!!! I cant remember how many actual days he drove before he made top rate but it has to be a ups record or close to it

1000RR

Not sure on your local or building, but here we only have about 10 people per shift (Preload/Local Sort) The lowest seniority part timers have about 3 years. If you just made seniority you would not be able to bump any part timers here as you don't have more company seniority than they do. It is not like this everywhere but here company seniority matters when bumping back into the building.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not sure on your local or building, but here we only have about 10 people per shift (Preload/Local Sort) The lowest seniority part timers have about 3 years. If you just made seniority you would not be able to bump any part timers here as you don't have more company seniority than they do. It is not like this everywhere but here company seniority matters when bumping back into the building.

Good point.

It is the same in the Central. In order to bump a part timer, you must have more company seniority. Article 3 Section 6.

So a newly qualified driver off the street may not have enough seniority to bump a part timer. Might have no choice but to be laid off.