Las Vegas Teamsters Convention

Big Rigger

Does anything get accomplished at these things or is it just a big strange party? Do they discuss why only 3 LTL companies are organized out of the 50 or so companies or the amazon threat to UPS. Is there actual footage of what goes on at these from the video I saw looks like they hired a bunch of "tough guys" on motorcycles to drive around in an auditorium. Could of had those "tough guys" passing out teamster pamplets at a non union warehouse or trucking company.
the unions ran Vegas and probably still do. if you don't believe that you've never worked in Vegas..

What'dyabringmetoday???

Vacation ?

Have you ever been to that smilet hole ?

Uh....

There is no convention going on.

The Teamsters were more powerful, when there was all the "mob" influence.

:biggrin:

View attachment 321749

UPS people think they are the "only" Teamsters on the planet.

A $75.00 a day per diem.... covers food.... in Vegas ?

Try having lunch, when 5000 other Teamsters are trying to do the same thing.

Nothing is stopping them.

The company knows who the pusillanimous are.

A couple of goofball feeder drivers tried that....

APWA

I'm sure it it very rigorous. Such selfless individuals....lol.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Do you not understand what the purpose of the convention is ?

Maybe before criticizing, do a little research.

I'm guessing, you have never worked on a Teamsters organizing campaign ?

Yeah....

That's how you organize non-union companies.

-Bug-
And yousguys have done a great job. The pensions are flourishing due to your amazing skills. Lol.

Back From Break
Anyone remember the year they carried Jackie Presser into the convention in one of those Egyptian things that was carried by slaves back in the day? For some reason that video seems to have disappeared from Youtube.

At the 1986 Teamster Convention in Las Vegas, Jackie Presser was carried into the sumptuous Eastern Conference party by men dressed as Roman gladiators.

Presser.jpg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
At the 1986 Teamster Convention in Las Vegas, Jackie Presser was carried into the sumptuous Eastern Conference party by men dressed as Roman gladiators.

Jackie was the Poster Child of what was wrong with the Teamster leadership back in the 80’s..

And everybody at that convention ate it up, just one of those “Good Old Boys” just having fun...

View attachment 330374

Integrity

Binge Poster
Does anything get accomplished at these things or is it just a big strange party? Do they discuss why only 3 LTL companies are organized out of the 50 or so companies or the amazon threat to UPS. Is there actual footage of what goes on at these from the video I saw looks like they hired a bunch of "tough guys" on motorcycles to drive around in an auditorium. Could of had those "tough guys" passing out teamster pamplets at a non union warehouse or trucking company.
The Convention is very important.

Jlandry

I’m sure Sean and his group are mad there is no convention this year. They can’t spread lies and shake people down for money.

cachmeifucan

What lies. And running a campaign takes money. I'm sure both campaigns are promising everyone the stars but who can actually deliver. Both are asking for contributions. I wonder what the max donation I can make. I'm voting for O'Brien Zuckerman. I don't know anything about the other slate never heard of him. I'm a Hoffa sr guy Hoffa jr not so much. Tell me about the lies or the other slate.

What lies. And running a campaign takes money. I'm sure both campaigns are promising everyone the stars but who can actually deliver. Both are asking for contributions. I wonder what the max donation I can make. I'm voting for O'Brien Zuckerman. I don't know anything about the other slate never heard of him. I'm a Hoffa sr guy Hoffa jr not so much. Tell me about the lies or the other slate.

So you're voting for one guy because you don't want to research the other guy? Huh, seems legit.

cachmeifucan

So you're voting for one guy because you don't want to research the other guy? Huh, seems legit.
No I'm voting for O'Brien because our secretary treasurer is on the slate and locale'705 is pretty good. O'Brien actually came out here to a few events and spoke he shook hands with everyone and talked to each one who approached him. I think the fact that top guy's all have good experience and Zuckerman almost beat Hoffa. I've never even heard of the other guy. Over my 25 years I've heard of a couple local presidents. Plus Hoffa is endorsing the slate running against O'Brien. I never liked Hoffa Jr. Now his dad was a great leader.

542thruNthru

No I'm voting for O'Brien because our secretary treasurer is on the slate and locale'705 is pretty good. O'Brien actually came out here to a few events and spoke he shook hands with everyone and talked to each one who approached him. I think the fact that top guy's all have good experience and Zuckerman almost beat Hoffa. I've never even heard of the other guy. Over my 25 years I've heard of a couple local presidents. Plus Hoffa is endorsing the slate running against O'Brien. I never liked Hoffa Jr. Now his dad was a great leader.
We're you as warm a snuggly with O'brien when he was Hoffa's right hand man or did you become his fan after Hoffa kicked him to the curb and O'brien had to latch on to Fred Z to keep his place in line?

cachmeifucan

We're you as warm a snuggly with O'brien when he was Hoffa's right hand man or did you become his fan after Hoffa kicked him to the curb and O'brien had to latch on to Fred Z to keep his place in line?
I had heard of him but nothing specific. Didn't Hoffa dump him because he was leaking negotiations and how Goff was fixing to screw us again. And he wanted better contract for the members. You were on the fence a few weeks ago now you are against O'Brien what changed?

542thruNthru

I had heard of him but nothing specific. Didn't Hoffa dump him because he was leaking negotiations and how Goff was fixing to screw us again. And he wanted better contract for the members. You were on the fence a few weeks ago now you are against O'Brien what changed?
Not really against O'brien. Just against the notion that he's the anti Hoffa guy people want to paint him as or that some how he's going to bring UPS to it's knees.

Most people are voting for him because of the Hoffa stigma, yet forget that he was a die hard Hoffa supporter and Fred Z hater until recently. Yes people change but I think it's more politics than anything.