Late air

Brownpride816

I had 14 air stops, i was getting ready to leave the building, new supervisor came over and gave me a left in building NDA and told me t take it, I told him that I had too much air and that I would have late air, he said take it anyway, I made sure i sent a message before i left, i Had 9 late (2 stops).. Today i was told that I was getting written up, apparently the supervisor said i told him "I had alot" and never that i will have late, but i even sent a message. What should I say on my grievance?

T

Turdferguson

Tell union to get a copy of that message you sent. Did you do any ground with air?

I had 14 air stops, i was getting ready to leave the building, new supervisor came over and gave me a left in building NDA and told me t take it, I told him that I had too much air and that I would have late air, he said take it anyway, I made sure i sent a message before i left, i Had 9 late (2 stops).. Today i was told that I was getting written up, apparently the supervisor said i told him "I had alot" and never that i will have late, but i even sent a message. What should I say on my grievance?
That you are felling harassed and that he violated article 17 and is being dishonest.

Brownpride816

I was just told about this before i got off today, the union steward who signed is a car wash guy, im sure he didnt get a copy.

Brownpride816

That you are felling harassed and that he violated article 17 and is being dishonest.
I do feel harrassed, they've been on m3 lately, ive been doing everything right till that happened. Ill go talk to him tomorrow, want to see his face when he tells me i didnt tell him i would have late air

Brownpride816

OP, answer this question.
Then I will tell you a story that will make the future crystal clear,...if you listen.

This is an easy fix.
Iets see, the last air package i did, i scanned about 3 ground packages with it to keep customer from signing twice, but I didnt do any ground in between my air stops.

By The Book

Iets see, the last air package i did, i scanned about 3 ground packages with it to keep customer from signing twice, but I didnt do any ground in between my air stops.
Did you deliver any ground with the first 12 air stops? I guess what you do from this day forward is to grab a steward as a witness and your supervisor and tell him you will have lates if you don't get help with your air. Talking to your sup will not do anything at this point, he will just deny it., and you may say something that doesn't help your situation.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
OK, super, well done.
If they give you a warning letter, so what.
Grieve it or submit a protest letter giving your side of the story, whatever is done in your area.
Either way, it doesn't matter because it will never happen again.

When I was young and dumb and couldn't do enough for them, I had the same problem.
My on-car would routinely come to me with "mission impossible" air scenarios and I would find a way to make it happen, until the one day I couldn't and was issued a warning letter.
This woke me up and from that day forward when he would come to me with "his problem" and I didn't think I could help, I would make sure that I had a reliable witness when I told him "OK, but it will likely be late".

CYA my brother and you'll have no worries.
It's a shame that it has to be this way, but it is what it is.

Johney

If you knew you'd have some late why didn't you at least hit the two with 9 packages first? At least maybe you wouldn't have had so many late? We were always told if you were going to have late DON'T let it be a bulk stop of air.

Ron Carey lives on

Your stewards, depending on Supplement or BA has access to all ODS messages. Also out of curiosity, did you deliver any grounds before late airs

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownpride816

If you knew you'd have some late why didn't you at least hit the two with 9 packages first? At least maybe you wouldn't have had so many late? We were always told if you were going to have late DON'T let it be a bulk stop of air.

I did, i deliver in downtown , the stops i did complete in time had 7+ air packages..

Brownpride816

OK, super, well done.
If they give you a warning letter, so what.
Grieve it or submit a protest letter giving your side of the story, whatever is done in your area.
Either way, it doesn't matter because it will never happen again.

When I was young and dumb and couldn't do enough for them, I had the same problem.
My on-car would routinely come to me with "mission impossible" air scenarios and I would find a way to make it happen, until the one day I couldn't and was issued a warning letter.
This woke me up and from that day forward when he would come to me with "his problem" and I didn't think I could help, I would make sure that I had a reliable witness when I told him "OK, but it will likely be late".

CYA my brother and you'll have no worries.
It's a shame that it has to be this way, but it is what it is.

Thank you brother, thats what i will do, its actually a pending suspension, i accidentally hit "office" at a residential stop on a nda saver a while ago(stupid I know) , but that's a different story..

By The Book

Thank you brother, thats what i will do, its actually a pending suspension, i accidentally hit "office" at a residential stop on a nda saver a while ago(stupid I know) , but that's a different story..
Delivering a next day air late, and hitting the wrong key are 2 different things. Separate discipline for each type of infraction. How long have you been driving?

Brownpride816

Delivering a next day air late, and hitting the wrong key are 2 different things. Separate discipline for each type of infraction. How long have you been driving?
I thought so, when they brought it up i said "okay, what does that have to do with this?" And they said "late air" -.- .... It will be 2 years in Dec

By The Book

It's a sheeting error, which if they track it will show you delivered the pkg by the commit time. The late air should also be removed as you sent the message and told your sup you were going to have late air before you left the building. These should be talk withs at most by your full time supervisor, with your full time steward present as you are thinking you are going to be disciplined.

Brownpride816

It's a sheeting error, which if they track it will show you delivered the pkg by the commit time. The late air should also be removed as you sent the message and told your sup you were going to have late air before you left the building. These should be talk withs at most by your full time supervisor, with your full time steward present as you are thinking you are going to be disciplined.
I talked to my steward, he said they can't write me up for that. Just grieve if as soon as i get the letter, i wanna file for harrassment to so they leave me alone, this is ridiculous