Latest Amazon news - Wilmington, Ohio

EasyTrucker

It went NC to further than Jacksonville, let's say near south Florida from 12 am to 6 am???

It's physically impossible in the time frame. It leaves Monday night at 12 and gets to the middle or southern part of FL by 6 am???

Nope. Not unless it was on a plane.
I can get a package from NC to Miami and back if I my time limit is Monday at 12a.m. until Tues at 6a.m.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Wife ordered something from NC to Fl. They used fedex home delivery. Shipping Monday, was there Tuesday. No way in hell that went ground.

I just tracked it again for giggles. It got scanned at 8 pm, and then 1115 pm and then depart at 12 am

If I leave at 12am Monday and have to be somewhere at 6am on Tuesday, that gives me 30 hours of drive time! How is driving from NC to Miami and back B.S.???

BFF does not understand this. He thinks it was scanned at 8 pm, and then at 1115 pm on Monday and then departed Monday night at 12 am.

What he doesn't understand is that the 8:00 pm and 11:15 pm scans were Sunday night and then it left at midnight on Sunday, or technically 12 am Monday.

That correctly gives the package 30 hours to arrive at his center by 6:00 am on Tuesday to be put on a package car.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
only true for DG labeled packages. I ship air all the time and do not declare contents.
You can't upgrade a ground package to air without talking to the customer. It isn't just for DG. We've had several cases where packages weren't properly RTSed and the air guys won't accept it until we find out what is in it. I believe there are different Terms and Conditions with air and ground.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
BFF does not understand this. He thinks it was scanned at 8 pm, and then at 1115 pm on Monday and then departed Monday night at 12 am.

What he doesn't understand is that the 8:00 pm and 11:15 pm scans were Sunday night and then it left at midnight on Sunday, or technically 12 am Monday.

That correctly gives the package 30 hours to arrive at his center by 6:00 am on Tuesday to be put on a package car.
Ok let me correct myself, it left Monday night/Tuesday morning at 12 am and got to hub at tues 6 am. Maybe I wasn't clear. My bad. 6 hours of transit time. I hope that clears it up

How the hell they got it from NC to Fl in 6 hours I have no idea. They must have a super fast ground feeder network which I don't think they do.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ok let me correct myself, it left Monday night/Tuesday morning at 12 am and got to hub at tues 6 am. Maybe I wasn't clear. My bad. 6 hours of transit time. I hope that clears it up

If it was true that it left Monday at midnight, technically 12 am Tuesday, then I apologize and you are correct. It cannot make it there in 6 hours going ground.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You can't put ground on a plane unless you know what is in it. Not to mention Ground and Express operate as two separate companies.
They might operate as two separate companies but I would not put it past Fred S to do some shady crap like move ground by air for huge accounts just to beat time in transit. This was Wal mart package so anything is possible.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
If it was true that it left Monday at midnight, technically 12 am Tuesday, then I apologize and you are correct. It cannot make it there in 6 hours going ground.
It was my mistake. It processed through their hub Monday evening but left 12 am tues morning. And was at the destination hub by 6 am Tuesday.

I should of been more clear on that. It happens when I multi task life apparently [emoji23]

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
We are slowly phasing Amazon out.

We are the last leg less and less.

got to agree here. in the last two weeks i binge shopped a little and ordered 9 items using amazon prime. 8 came USPS and 1 came UPS. on top of that, 4 items were delivered over the weekend including 2 ordered late friday night and delivered sunday morning. about 33 hour turnaround. USPS also has decent tracking and notification by text just like UPS my choice. my phone when off at 9:30 sunday morning as i heard the mail truck pulling away!

Overpaid Union Thug

got to agree here. in the last two weeks i binge shopped a little and ordered 9 items using amazon prime. 8 came USPS and 1 came UPS. on top of that, 4 items were delivered over the weekend including 2 ordered late friday night and delivered sunday morning. about 33 hour turnaround. USPS also has decent tracking and notification by text just like UPS my choice. my phone when off at 9:30 sunday morning as i heard the mail truck pulling away!
I've been on a roll lately. The majority of my Amazon shipments have all come UPS. I only order things from Amazon that I can't find locally or when Amazon is substantially less expensive than what is offered locally.

noahgw92

Thank god, no more staying out until 930 on new years eve delivering people's bark collars... this one guy insisted on telling me what he had in his amazon box waisting my time and it turned out to be a bark collar. I was watching fireworks go off on my way into the building.