Latest Amazon news - Wilmington, Ohio

TUT

Our center manager told me they undercut UPS 10-15%. I just think there will be changes made in the next contract to make us more competitive with our rates

It is much more competitive than that and Fedex isn't always cheaper. If it were that... Fedex would take a lot more business because right now price is 90% of the game and that kind of savings you would lose massive amounts of business. Any large company would leave, they would have to, to stay competitive.

Overpaid Union Thug

It is much more competitive than that and Fedex isn't always cheaper. If it were that... Fedex would take a lot more business because right now price is 90% of the game and that kind of savings you would lose massive amounts of business. Any large company would leave, they would have to, to stay competitive.
We are still able to compete with FedEx Ground on large accounts. Even beat their prices. But they will undercut at a loss to get the volume. Our customer service (what's left of it) is still helping allot. For now.......

Overpaid Union Thug

Both companies can and do that.
UPS will rarely undercut at a price that wont make a profit. FedEx Ground will. The standard tactic in my area seems to be too undercut us and then raise the price after a year or two. We've had customers return for that reason. As well as some others. And some would rather pay a little more for better service. UPS, even with the ORION debacle, is typically the overall better service and value.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'll ask the express guy on my route. But there is no way you leave NC on Monday night late at around 1230 am and get to fla around 6 am and be out for delivery? There's not enough hours to transport that ground through a feeder network.

I'll agree that ups needs to cut their time in transit on ground. I suspect competition like FDX will force them to invest in the network more.

As much as I see stupidity on a local management level, I don't think corporate is all idiots and would let ups go under to the competition. This is a very conservative company in that aspect that plans long term.

Now if they could improve the local level and let CMs run their centers like they used to, we could get back to taking care of business the right way in that aspect
Ha... Ups doesn't trust any of us.. You think they are going to trust a bunch of scrub center managers and on road kids????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We are still able to compete with FedEx Ground on large accounts. Even beat their prices. But they will undercut at a loss to get the volume. Our customer service (what's left of it) is still helping allot. For now.......
You mean the customer service people in India and Russia are pulling their weight???? Good to know!!

Overpaid Union Thug

In my area, they raise the price after 4-6 months. We get many of those customers back and many times, they do not get their old, really low rates.
Yep. FedEx Ground is also known to deliver commercial areas super late. So, they'll be delivering at the same time they are picking up. They'll often skip over the commercial stops that don't have pickups to deliver/pickup others then come back and deliver the skipped guys after they've closed. They are forging signatures or DRing in order to accomplish that.

image.jpg
I've read about a new distribution center in Fall River and a Fulfillment center in Stoughton.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Yep. FedEx Ground is also known to deliver commercial areas super late. So, they'll be delivering at the same time they are picking up. They'll often skip over the commercial stops that don't have pickups to deliver/pickup others then come back and deliver the skipped guys after they've closed. They are forging signatures or DRing in order to accomplish that.

Yeah they deliver late almost everyday in my area. When I'm making pickups they're delivering as the businesses are waiting to close. Their service sucks but they still get business with the low prices.

They do that all of the time.

TUT

UPS will rarely undercut at a price that wont make a profit. FedEx Ground will. The standard tactic in my area seems to be too undercut us and then raise the price after a year or two. We've had customers return for that reason. As well as some others. And some would rather pay a little more for better service. UPS, even with the ORION debacle, is typically the overall better service and value.

I don't believe this to be true, they both use similar tactics across the board.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yeah they deliver late almost everyday in my area. When I'm making pickups they're delivering as the businesses are waiting to close. Their service sucks but they still get business with the low prices.
FedEx Ground is delivering businesses in my area for an hour before we even leave the building.