Lay-Off Recall question

undies

So I'm laid off this week and my center manager called me and left a voicemail saying she is recalling me to work at another center in the building. I chose the full lay off with no alternate work. I've been laid off many times before and have been recalled and was always willing to go back. Now I'm just wondering if I HAVE to go back if they call me? I already made plans for the week assuming I would be free. Seems dumb for me to sit around waiting for a call that may not come, so I just decided to get some things done. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Example:you are a preloader who has chosen to work casual. That requires 2days a week to keep you off the preload sort. Lets say there is no casual work for 2 weeks. You are called for preload. You must report.

If you are given an opportunity to work, work.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't have to deal with 'other buildings', so I honestly don't know the particulars. But, if its in the same job classification and its routine for them to move people from building to building, you might be SOL.

I grasp you want time off before peak, and there is nothing wrong with that. But, don't endanger your job for it is all I'm saying.

undies

Worst comes to worse, poster may lose his shirt - but will keep his undies ! ;)

lol very nice. I'd like to keep my brown shirt though, I've grown quite fond of the uniform. Maybe I'll just call my BA and see what he says

UPSGUY72

If you don't show up that would be considered a no call no show and if you don't show up for 3 days that would be job abandonment.

I'd show up to work or be ready to deal with the consequences.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I did, he just doesn't always return my calls very quickly, hence the question on the board!
I learned the trick to that one. Find out the email of the local/BA. Email your issue, followed by a phone call to the local stating that you just emailed. Then, print out email and mail it to the local-signature required, USPS is fine- and put in a note that will be conducting business this way as he/she(BA) seems to have an issue receiving their messages.

I have no problem getting ahold of my BA at any time, now.

Butters243

The BAs are busy people right now with contract talks. Maybe this is a question for your stewart. I have been layed off in the past. In my local, we are given two weeks notice before we are required to report without penalty. This is if you accepted lay-off and bumped no-one. If you bumped a jr. employee, and are currently working for Ups, then you must report immediately to your original workplace and start time.