lay offs

ups/teamster1

unless your layed off, report to work if they send you home iam pretty sure you are guaranteed 3 1/2 hrs. tell them you want to work. you just got bennies right? well if you keep going home better check to see if your working the minimum hrs to keep your benefits! you shouldnt have to call everyday. get with your steward ask. thats what he/she is there for. good luck :)

Genesis2

I was called Friday and was told that I'm laid off for Monday and expect to work today. I wasn't called today nor yesterday to give me today's start time for Tuesday. I'm a pre loader working towards my 30days. Last week I did 3days towards my 30... 27 more to go!!! Should call every morning before driving out there? I was told to get a sup number and call or text them. Any advice?

AutoZone

BrownPower
I was called Friday and was told that I'm laid off for Monday and expect to work today. I wasn't called today nor yesterday to give me today's start time for Tuesday. I'm a pre loader working towards my 30days. Last week I did 3days towards my 30... 27 more to go!!! Should call every morning before driving out there? I was told to get a sup number and call or text them. Any advice?
I would go in if it's not too far of a drive. Easier to tell you no over the phone.

Genesis2

I went today about an hour ago. My sup said he was hoping to see me this morning for work even though my trucks didn't go out today. He mentioned there was a miss communications that took place.. He said call in the morning because of all the snow my routes have been cut. He says call 10am but I'm going to call 3am before the shift start they may put me on another belt!

rod

Retired 22 years
I went today about an hour ago. My sup said he was hoping to see me this morning for work even though my trucks didn't go out today. He mentioned there was a miss communications that took place.. He said call in the morning because of all the snow my routes have been cut. He says call 10am but I'm going to call 3am before the shift start they may put me on another belt!

bug the crap out of them----they will put you to work just to get you out of their hair.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well damn. I went from working at least 4 days a week, but mostly working every day, for like 6 months and then this week I will more than likely only work on Friday lol