Learning ups route

Christian M

I am thinking of becoming a ups driver and I am very concerned on how the drivers know where to go and if it is difficult learning how to get around the city without a gps . Do you have to know your streets and all? Do you have gps that’s tells directs you stop by stop?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just some general knowledge and a map book should suffice
Even numbers on the east side, numbers ascend from point of origin. streets and avenues perpendicular to each other.
Named streets tend to follow a theme (species of tree, first 10 presidents, city capitols) etc.

If you are not comfortable with blindly navigating around town. You will need to practice before even hoping to go out driving.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am thinking of becoming a ups driver and I am very concerned on how the drivers know where to go and if it is difficult learning how to get around the city without a gps . Do you have to know your streets and all? Do you have gps that’s tells directs you stop by stop?

If I were you I’d stick to sacking groceries or maybe the guy at the driving range that drives the caged cart around picking up golf balls

BrownThunder

Don't worry about that right now, start with your first handful of steps. For some, the road to driving is a long one. If by some miracle you are hired off the street, that's a different story.

I will tell you this, it isn't rocket science. If you dedicate yourself you will become a driver.

Right now, you need to be concerned with surviving the gauntlet which is inside work. Even better, if you want to see the action up close and personal become a driver helper this peak season.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

Buy a Magnifying Glass.