Leaving 12/23 with minimum collateral damage

Exactly. I have family obligation Christmas Eve too. Will I call into work? Nope.
Is that the only day you'll probably get to spend around Christmas with a close family member who is undergoing brutal cancer treatments?

Are you only going to get ~$40-$50 for that day?

Do you know that you're going to be let go the next day anyway?

CaliforniaPaul

Is that the only day you'll probably get to spend around Christmas with a close family member who is undergoing brutal cancer treatments?

I would let you go now, there are others that would take your place.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You also are a grown man , some of these young kids parents put so much into Christmas that if they miss it the world is going to end and they make their own kids fell like crap for trying to be adult
My wife's family has a huge gathering for Christmas Eve. Something they have done since she was very young. The feast of the seven fishes. Sucks but it's a crap shoot if I'll be there every year.

oldandcrabby

If you talk to your driver it will work itself out. The drivers have heart just be polite and explain the situation and go from there.

oldandcrabby

My wife's family has a huge gathering for Christmas Eve. Something they have done since she was very young. The feast of the seven fishes. Sucks but it's a crap shoot if I'll be there every year.
Yes it does suck and yes peak season weddings and holidays for us are a crap shoot whether I start out alone and am joined by husband and son to end the event we are attending.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

I spent the last 3 Christmases alone. This year was the first time at UPS that I enjoyed Thanksgiving with family. That's the nature of the game at UPS and being an adult. Does it suck? Yep. But sometimes you have to do things that suck in order to live comfortably. The sooner you realize that, the easier things will get for you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I spent the last 3 Christmases alone. This year was the first time at UPS that I enjoyed Thanksgiving with family. That's the nature of the game at UPS and being an adult. Does it suck? Yep. But sometimes you have to do things that suck in order to live comfortably. The sooner you realize that, the easier things will get for you.
Yep. Being a grown up sucks sometimes.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

You should of invited your supervisor buddies over and hung stockings. Even drink some egg nog and sing x-mas songs together.

oldandcrabby

Your more than welcome to have drinks with my husband and I over BrownCafe. We'll be having Capn and coke. You want to join us?

oldandcrabby

Sounds lovely!
Thus far this is our Christmas Day schedule we will go over to a friends house for ham and all the trimmings. Son had these same friends over to his house or Thanksgiving I did all the cooking. I will have a solid time in the next few days. Generally we are at sons home at about 8:00pm CST. Husband is right here saying sounds goo work it out with you on time during the next couple of days.

Glamourgirlnomore

99.999999% chance you will never work at UPS again. They can't just hire another helper for 2 or 3 days of work. That driver will be screwed most likely
And the packages must ALL be delivered. You need to take your job seriously. Only death or dismemberment is an excuse to miss your responsibility. Not "family obligation" bs. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but it's true.