Leaving UPS

PTPeanuts

So for all intents and purposes I have quit my job as I no-call no-showed the entire last week.
However on time card viewer they keep coding me as "lay-off."
I'm not in communication with anyone at the center.
Does anyone know what's going on? Might this be a union issue?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So for all intents and purposes I have quit my job as I no-call no-showed the entire last week.
What a classy way to go.

over9five

Staff member
Why are you guys so butthurt about it?
It's not like it personally affects you.
I'd just like an answer to my question.
OK. My guess would be that they're so short-handed, they are hoping you'll come back.
I bet you could walk in Monday, and just start doing your job and no-one would say a thing.

Why are you guys so butthurt about it?
It's not like it personally affects you.
I'd just like an answer to my question.
Have you changed your mind about leaving? Seriously, UPS can not terminate you without going through the Union process. The Union should be in contact with you to find out how they should proceed. You could still be owed vacation or optional days and the company needs to clear the books.

PTPeanuts

OK. My guess would be that they're so short-handed, they are hoping you'll come back.
I bet you could walk in Monday, and just start doing your job and no-one would say a thing.

That would be funny.
We were short-handed but the last week I was there, they were thumping their chest at PCM about how they had "over 600" applications to choose from and that they were going to be "highly selective" about who they let in.
From how they talked you would have thought this place was Yale or something.
I guess that must not have worked out so well.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
They aren't coded as no call no shows though.
Try reading the thread.
Screenshot (10).png

For all intents and purposes, the listed pay codes are meaningless, and can be changed as needed.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I called them for you and they said you were too important to be let go. take all the time off you need and just work when you want. we need everyone we can get. we'll even pay you double time for all hours.

rod

Retired 22 years
The youth of today---smh. Even if you didn't want to give them a 2 week notice the very LEAST you should have done is let them know you quit. Maybe its time you grew a pair.