Leftest Teamsters angered by O'Brien's meeting with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commercial Inside Release

Back during the 2010 Census, there were rumours of 35 to 65 million illegals in the country already.
That number has been skyrocketing, no doubt.

Any town in middle America that has feedlots, packing plants, processing centers, etc already have 25-80% of the population as immigrants (probably illegal, too.)

Box Ox

is importing tens of millions of low-skill labor to dilute wages pro-labor?
snes.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Back during the 2010 Census, there were rumours of 35 to 65 million illegals in the country already.
That number has been skyrocketing, no doubt.

Any town in middle America that has feedlots, packing plants, processing centers, etc already have 25-80% of the population as immigrants (probably illegal, too.)
....and yet we still have record low unemployment numbers?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes illegals are great for unions.
It's why union membership has been increasing so much. Oh wait.
No, no, no, buddy boy.

You guys need to do a little more research about the politics that actually affect your jobs. Trump and his cronies enabled the entire nation of public sector employees as “right to work” with this Supreme Court coup. Believe what you want, but at least take a look at what is actually happening.

^^^^^This is why! C’mon man, I led you to the lake, just take a drink…….

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, no, no, buddy boy.

^^^^^This is why! C’mon man, I led you to the lake, just take a drink…….
So your take is that union membership has decreased because people have been given a choice whether or not to be members.

Maybe you should dig a little deeper my good friend, and ask yourself why people are making that choice.

Or just play the blame game, it's working out great. SMH.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
....and yet we still have record low unemployment numbers?
How can unemployment be at record lows if all these people are here working illegally??
Ok, we get it, you are in favor of illegal immigration, you think it's great for unions.

I just don't think most people would agree with you.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So your take is that union membership has decreased because people have been given a choice whether or not to be members.

Maybe you should dig a little deeper my good friend, and ask yourself why people are making that choice.

Or just play the blame game, it's working out great. SMH.

There was a time when the vast majority of American Workers where actively seeking to join a Union. Back in the early 70's just in my area we had Non-Union Clerks organize and became Teamsters when the Company offered a measly raise, all they had to do is sign a Union Card and go down to the Local Hall and get sworn in. Recently the Company decided in certain areas to get rid of their Office people and eliminate any future pension funding, did the Locals approach these potential members and try to get them to join...Big, Fat "NO"... Maybe it wasn't worth their time or effort, maybe agreements where done decades ago to prevent any further organizing within that work group. There will always be that retaliation factor we all know of, these Corporations will crush any individual who becomes too Uppity and the rest of the sheep will do nothing. I remember last year when O'Brien had news conference about striking outside their headquarters in Washington, hardly any news agencies showed up, maybe they knew that there was never going to be a work stoppage and it wasn't worth their time or money. I was a member of the Teamsters for over 46 years and I personally seen it all..What we are seeing and going to see with this election and the previous "Summer of love" is what has happen to our society, Money and Egos are running any political decisions whether it is in the Union or in Washington DC..

Ok, we get it, you are in favor of illegal immigration, you think it's great for unions.

It has already started....The Entitlement and Welfare system is losing it's resources to support these families coming across the border, the participants of those benefits are starting to see their entitlements being cut. It will only go to a certain point before they start reacting and start to target these illegal immigrates, new gangs will be established. It is already happening in our Major Cities, soon coming to the suburbs, the (Trump Voting) Rural Areas will be OK...Most of their citizens are prepared for such an occurrence.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Private contractors that might use union outfits get underbid by the one's using illegals. Even the independent guy gets crushed by the guy hiring the wage suppression illegals. Libs don't care, they want future voters dependent on government. Country club Republicans want cheap labor.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Nope, I haven't made any such statement or implication with my single repeated question that you can't seem to answer.

I will have to assume you can't because it inconveniently does not fit your tired, slanted narrative.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Recently the Company decided in certain areas to get rid of their Office people and eliminate any future pension funding, did the Locals approach these potential members and try to get them to join...Big, Fat "NO"... Maybe it wasn't worth their time or effort, maybe agreements where done decades ago to prevent any further organizing within that work group.
Maybe it was because some of their duties were managerial in nature?

I will say that during the Hoffa Jr era, the Teamsters only seemed interested in low hanging fruit in regard to organizing.

That's no longer the case.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So you are opposed to the Democrat party's immigration policy and you agree that it's bad for unions.

Okay.
Not sure why you had to deflect from just saying that. Carry on.
Actually, I am opposed to our present day immigration policies and have been dating back several presidents. Immigration was one of the few things I agreed with Trump on (minus border walls).

See, I am not hypnotized by binary, partisan, right verses left politics.

If you can look past all of that, you will see darker and more sinister forces at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.