When do we eat?
upload_2018-8-5_21-55-38.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-5_21-55-8.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-5_21-55-8.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 208

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
... I AM TOTALLY AGAINST HYBRID DRIVERS AND TWO TIER WAGE SYSTEM (UNFAIR) BUT WE ALL KNOW AND ALREADY SENSE ANOTHER SELLOUT . SO LETS BE FAIR ABOUT IT ....WE WORK OUR ASSES OFF AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT . AND LETS ALSO UNIONIZE AMAZON THAT WILL HELP BOTH UPS and TEAMSTERS
Looks like Dave was right all along!

Unionize FedEx too!
Unionize all of the Teamster's competitors.

Undertow

We are given 2 months extension of the old contract.

I am for two tier wage system that rewards senior staying longer in the company. To me, if they work longer, they should get more money for staying within the company. Senior help educate fellows worker on how to do the job right and safely. How much senior make should never discourage you at all. In fact, it isn't your business or the new hire. If you want to make the same money as them, you have to work to earn it.

You are going to get backpay and wage progression for catchup but they discounts the catchup. If you want catchup, this violate your disagreement against the two tier wage system.

Hopefully, Teamster and local work against Hybrid Driver loophole.

They suggested a 9.5 Protection. If people want to work longer, they can go on the list.

Amazon will not allow union.

The vote for authorization for strike already passed with a yes.

I am hoping for work stoppage when the 2 months extension is over should the Tentative Agreement get shot down by membership vote.

Please see UPSRising.org for more up to date information.
We are given 2 months extension of the old contract.

I am for two tier wage system that rewards senior staying longer in the company. To me, if they work longer, they should get more money for staying within the company. Senior help educate fellows worker on how to do the job right and safely. How much senior make should never discourage you at all. In fact, it isn't your business or the new hire. If you want to make the same money as them, you have to work to earn it.

You are going to get backpay and wage progression for catchup but they discounts the catchup. If you want catchup, this violate your disagreement against the two tier wage system.

Hopefully, Teamster and local work against Hybrid Driver loophole.

They suggested a 9.5 Protection. If people want to work longer, they can go on the list.

Amazon will not allow union.

The vote for authorization for strike already passed with a yes.

I am hoping for work stoppage when the 2 months extension is over should the Tentative Agreement get shot down by membership vote.

Please see UPSRising.org for more up to date information.
It passed with approximately 22% of the membership bothering to vote on it. Hardly a percentage that suggests the overwhelming majority of hourlies are really invested in the idea of solidarity at a time when it's needed the most. 22% voter participation sends a message to the company that there's a decent chance it won't have to offer anything substantially better. That's the exact wrong message for the rank and file members to be signaling if a real majority of them are truly interested in taking a stand for better working conditions. 22% screams of weakness and there's little reason to believe the company is going to back off when facing weakness.

Strike after the two month extension? if members are truly engaged and unified, I might tend to agree on that date as far as the "when" goes. The closer to peak, the better the possible leverage could potentially be if everybody was indeed on board. But that's a big "IF" in even a best case scenario. Unless there's a huge NO vote of around 150,000 plus, I don't any obvious catalyst to motivate the company into altering it's present strategy.

BrownRecycler

It passed with approximately 22% of the membership bothering to vote on it. Hardly a percentage that suggests the overwhelming majority of hourlies are really invested in the idea of solidarity at a time when it's needed the most. 22% voter participation sends a message to the company that there's a decent chance it won't have to offer anything substantially better. That's the exact wrong message for the rank and file members to be signaling if a real majority of them are truly interested in taking a stand for better working conditions. 22% screams of weakness and there's little reason to believe the company is going to back off when facing weakness.

Strike after the two month extension? if members are truly engaged and unified, I might tend to agree on that date as far as the "when" goes. The closer to peak, the better the possible leverage could potentially be if everybody was indeed on board. But that's a big "IF" in even a best case scenario. Unless there's a huge NO vote of around 150,000 plus, I don't any obvious catalyst to motivate the company into altering it's present strategy.

The way I see it. If people didn't vote, they don't count as any election would. But, if majority that did vote says yes, the majority have spoken. But, the weakness of not voting isn't really about what could have been a better decision. It is probably random of people that may have either didn't care, forgotten, or too sick/or incapacitated to vote. One vote is one count.

I believe that should the agreement get disagreed that the only way to hurry up and improve negotiation are through striking. Any strike is worth harming on both side but for the greater union for better contract.