Lets have a happy thread, warm and fuzzy?

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
cbs5.com - Man Fleeing S.friend. Police Killed In Car Crash

"you didn't look left, right and left before that turn!!!!"

though this is not a laughin matter, it was foolish to run from the police. I hope the shifter is ok.......

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hows this for happy, today was my last day... :)
Actually kinda sad, I do like what I do.

fredly00, nobody could possibly top your "warm and fuzzy" feeling! Congratulations for reaching that point in your life that the rest of us working is waiting for. After so long, I am sure there are some things that you will miss about it though. I am in the middle of a six week Workman"s Comp "vacation" having a hernia fixed, and I am starting to look forward to getting out of the house and driving the brown truck again. The only "warm and fuzzy" I can add to this thread is that I got a new English Springer puppy to keep me company during the day.

raceanoncr

upsdude

fredly00, nobody could possibly top your "warm and fuzzy" feeling! Congratulations for reaching that point in your life that the rest of us working is waiting for. After so long, I am sure there are some things that you will miss about it though. I am in the middle of a six week Workman"s Comp "vacation" having a hernia fixed, and I am starting to look forward to getting out of the house and driving the brown truck again. The only "warm and fuzzy" I can add to this thread is that I got a new English Springer puppy to keep me company during the day.

You do realize that puppy will turn into a DOG! LOL!
Congrats!

satellitedriver

I had a good week. Spent 3 hours in the building Monday doing the online testing. Pulled in my driveway at 12:30. A little heavy Wednesday and today with all the “Love” boxes. I had a request 8 today, rolled up my driveway at 5:30. Taking a PH tomorrow, my 10 year old made Honor Roll for the first time. Her awards assembly is tomorrow, so “Dad” will be there! (upsdude will now brag for a moment). My kid has busted her butt to make Honor Roll. My wife and I have worked with her without being too pushy. School has finally clicked for her and best of all, she’s taken the initiative herself and made it happen. Yep, I’m big time proud of my baby!

Cold week this week but no white stuff. Won’t be long and we can fuss about the heat.

Thanks tooner! Good idea.
You should be proud. I am proud of you taking responsibility in teaching your child self motivation. The strength she gained knowing she achieved something by her own effort will last her a lifetime. We need more of this parenting style.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You should be proud. I am proud of you taking responsibility in teaching your child self motivation. The strength she gained knowing she achieved something by her own effort will last her a lifetime. We need more of this parenting style.

You and your wife should be very proud. Those are the rewards of parenthood.
I remember my Mom telling me this thing about rewards of parenting, after giving birth to my first child. And wondering what the heck she was talking about. If I would ever get to sleep through the night again, yes that would be rewarding....
The rewards, are seeing your child excel. And knowing they are taking a step towards independence. And Im happy that there are still parents who are there to cheer their kids on. Its also a reminder of why we all work, wherever we work, its usually for the kids to have better than we did. Bless you all and enjoy your achievements.

Here it is: YouTube - Truck crash

Looks like the description tieguy made of his days behind the wheel.

Doing a little moonlighting on the side with Fedex tie? :lol:

It's a good thing those trailers were mostly empty or it might have done a lot more damage. Judging from that video... he was flying!
That was awsome!! Tie`s only expeiriance with that kind of situation was sitting at a desk reading about it during DTS.:laugh:

upsdude

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments.

I really am proud of her and her decision to get’r done. She also loves going to car shows with me, and hanging out in the garage. She’s also getting pretty good with my welder and really impressed me when I handed her an airbrush. Sorry ladies, all my kids are girls, one of them has to pretend to be a boy. LOL. Not to worry though, she also loves to cook, makes a mean pan of brownies. My luck she’ll get married and move away. LOL.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments.

I really am proud of her and her decision to get’r done. She also loves going to car shows with me, and hanging out in the garage. She’s also getting pretty good with my welder and really impressed me when I handed her an airbrush. Sorry ladies, all my kids are girls, one of them has to pretend to be a boy. LOL. Not to worry though, she also loves to cook, makes a mean pan of brownies. My luck she’ll get married and move away. LOL.

Same here,darn kid can TIG circles around me.:mad:

kenco80233

I ran into a part-time sup todaythat was talking about a feeder driver getting killed in western Colorado this week.He said they had some pictures in the denver hub trying to get everyone to wear seat belts.Has anyone heard anything about where the driver was from?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I ran into a part-time sup todaythat was talking about a feeder driver getting killed in western Colorado this week.He said they had some pictures in the denver hub trying to get everyone to wear seat belts.Has anyone heard anything about where the driver was from?

I work in the Denver hub at Commerce City. I don't know the driver's base. I heard he died near Trinidad but I don't know anything about the circumstances. With the terrain in the area....its hazardous driving year-round. The western slope of the Rockies got another round of snow in the last day or two so that was almost certainly a contributing factor. Thoughts and prayers to the family. -Rocky

canon

Thoughts and prayers to the family. -Rocky

I can't help but laugh when I see that and then look at your avatar.... but I had echo that same sentiment. I wonder if the family shares the company's views on the importance of being on the road when it is that dangerous for the sake of service.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hey Canon, you seem to be a camera guru. I have a ? about getting a lense for my camera. I need an expert, as I know nothing. Can I email you for advice, and how much do you charge....hehe.? I have some warm and fuzzy prints which have been lost because of my non-expertise, and I dont want it to happen again!

canon

Hey Canon, you seem to be a camera guru. I have a ? about getting a lense for my camera. I need an expert, as I know nothing. Can I email you for advice, and how much do you charge....hehe.? I have some warm and fuzzy prints which have been lost because of my non-expertise, and I dont want it to happen again!
Can we go the private message route? Or maybe a pic thread in the Life After Brown? I'm no guru... there are several things which could cause the blur.

But sure, I love talking cameras. :w00t:

browniehound

To me, personally, mayonaise on ham and cheese is pretty gross. I'm thinking mustard would taste a lot better.

Ok, here goes it, my parents have been married longer than Ive been around. They are in full retirement, no big problems. Mom has been making ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch for more than 20 years, for my father. It seems , that he decided that she was making them wrong for 20 years. Bread,mayonaise, ham,cheese, mayonaise, bread. Dad stated the cheese was sticking to the top of his mouth. 20 years of this. Retired military officer now complains. My mother goes over to his paper plate, turns the sandwitch over and tells him he's been eating them wrong for twenty years..........

DS

Fenderbender
You may think I'm weird,but,I had to find a good thread to put this in.
All the new ones didn't cut it.My point is,a lot of us have been here (in the cafe') a long time.
I think it's kinda like goin out for a cold one with your fellow upsers .
Like a pub
Maybe it should be a menu,I'll take the life after brown or
ups discussions with mustard and a touch of mayo.
bclogo1.jpg