Let's see some salaries

Csdsm18

Honestly I don't know how but he showed me his paystub in July and he was over 50k for the year. He gets a lot of overtime.
Is he a swing or Rtd? Curious what area. I know alot up at Newark get alot of OT I also hear from few of them getting 100k

fedx

Extra Large Package
Brand new manager in my area at Express starts out in the mid $70's. Thats not that great, but it looks like ground is even giving you a worse deal.

A friend on mine was complaining that his wife, who's a teacher, is only making $60K a year. Hell I wish I made that kind of money. She gets 3 months off a year and every holiday to boot. Basically a part time job making $60K a year.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A friend on mine was complaining that his wife, who's a teacher, is only making $60K a year. Hell I wish I made that kind of money. She gets 3 months off a year and every holiday to boot. Basically a part time job making $60K a year.
And once the reality of what teachers do for their money hit you, you would be crying for your old job back.

Greener grass, and all that.

rod

Retired 22 years
Grade school teachers deserve every penny they get. After that ---come on teachers---the kids STILL can't make change for a dollar

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And once the reality of what teachers do for their money hit you, you would be crying for your old job back.

Greener grass, and all that.

They take all the credit for the ones that turn out well, blame the parents for the ones that don't, and pass them on up to the next grade regardless. Education is a tenured bureaucracy and teachers who can't be fired aren't any different than anyone else who can't be fired. There's a reason you're more likely to find someone quitting his job to become a teacher than a teacher quitting to go do something else.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don’t blow their minds by giving them $7.01 for something that costs $6.26. Lol.
Nothing that complicated. Awhile back a kid at McDonalds was stumped trying to figure out how to give me 80 cents back. I swear to god he picked up 3 quarters and got stumped from there. First he grabbed a dime threw that back then proceeded to start counting pennies. Finally it dawned on him a nickel would work.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nothing that complicated. Awhile back a kid at McDonalds was stumped trying to figure out how to give me 80 cents back. I swear to god he picked up 3 quarters and got stumped from there. First he grabbed a dime threw that back then proceeded to start counting pennies. Finally it dawned on him a nickel would work.
With a UPS pension, you should be eating better stuff than McDonald’s.

rod

Retired 22 years
With a UPS pension, you should be eating better stuff than McDonald’s.
There are a lot of things I do that I should be doing better. I stop at Mickey D's 2 or 3 times a week for an ice cream cone or a Coke and read the paper because I'm too cheap to subscribe to it anymore. The local paper pissed me off so I cancelled them.

Serf

They take all the credit for the ones that turn out well, blame the parents for the ones that don't, and pass them on up to the next grade regardless. Education is a tenured bureaucracy and teachers who can't be fired aren't any different than anyone else who can't be fired. There's a reason you're more likely to find someone quitting his job to become a teacher than a teacher quitting to go do something else.
Someone had to say it. And they vote for a Teacher's Union that has bloated pensions, they take the money and retire in another state.