Letter box pick up time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let's clarify you can move the package car and close out the letter box pick up somewhere else there is nothing stopping you except your integrity. They would never know unless they had some reason to go check like a complaint. You can even close it out early but you would end up on a report as letter box close out times are tracked by corporate...

Nope.

I was double parked at a drop box and I had already scanned the bar code when I was asked to move forward so that someone could get out. It showed up as a recording in travel.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Nope.

I was double parked at a drop box and I had already scanned the bar code when I was asked to move forward so that someone could get out. It showed up as a recording in travel.

I wouldn't scan the box decal early and put myself in that position. Since you are basically stuck there anyway, you have nothing to gain with the early scan.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't scan the box decal early and put myself in that position. Since you are basically stuck there anyway, you have nothing to gain with the early scan.

I always scan the barcode and any packages the minute that I get there. I have one thumb on the stop complete button and the other on the key fob when it is within one minute of the commit time and leave as soon as the stop is completed.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I always scan the barcode and any packages the minute that I get there. I have one thumb on the stop complete button and the other on the key fob when it is within one minute of the commit time and leave as soon as the stop is completed.

alrighty then, LOL

Your mainspring must be wound up pretty tight.

Last stop of the day?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Just keep in mind that picking up a letterbox usually happens during the part of the day I like to call overtime. Over fifty bucks an hour to wait ten minutes to do the job right. Runners crack me up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just keep in mind that picking up a letterbox usually happens during the part of the day I like to call overtime. Over fifty bucks an hour to wait ten minutes to do the job right. Runners crack me up.

Veterans with 20 or more years of service who refer to their dispatchers as Skippy and whine constantly about their runs crack me up.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Veterans with 20 or more years of service who refer to their dispatchers as Skippy and whine constantly about their runs crack me up.
The terms of service prevent me from posting what we usually call our dispatcher. As far as my route goes, I like it until they add ridiculous splits that don't tie in. When they do that, I just turn on turtle mode and get it done safely.

UPSGUY72

Nope.

Apparently you closed it out while the car was in motion as something only shows up as recording in travel if the vehicle is moving... If the Vehicle is on and not moving it recording while idling. If the vehicle is off and is stopped or moving it won't show up on either list... letter box pick ups aren't any different that any other pickups or stop complete deliveries as to recording while moving or idling...

JL 0513

I can't believe anyone would chance picking up a box early and then stop completing later. All it takes is one customer dropping a NDA before the posted time and finding out the next day that their envelope didn't get to its destination. Customer calls in and here we go....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Apparently you closed it out while the car was in motion as something only shows up as recording in travel if the vehicle is moving... If the Vehicle is on and not moving it recording while idling. If the vehicle is off and is stopped or moving it won't show up on either list... letter box pick ups aren't any different that any other pickups or stop complete deliveries as to recording while moving or idling...

Nope.

Pickup stop was open when I moved.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't believe anyone would chance picking up a box early and then stop completing later. All it takes is one customer dropping a NDA before the posted time and finding out the next day that their envelope didn't get to its destination. Customer calls in and here we go....

Believe it or not before all of this micromanaging it used to happen all the time. Drivers would have the drop box bar code numbers written down in their pkg cars. It was not uncommon for the driver to be several miles away when completing the stop.

You are right in that you would have to be crazy to chance it today.

UPSGUY72

Nope.

Pickup stop was open when I moved.

Doesn't matter open or not only matters when you stop complete pickup or delivery that is the only time that board sends that's information. If what you say is true that you could be walking and it would be seen as recording while moving...

As you need to understand you can do anything on your DIAD (except closing stop completing a pickup or delivery) including sending messages while driving and it will not show up on any recording while idling or driving report or even any report....

retired2000

Does not happen like that here went to 3 different letter boxes the other day all were before the scheduled p/u time and they were closed out oh well thanks for the help