Letter box pick up time

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can scan it at any time before the commit time; however, you cannot close it out or even move the package car once you have scanned the barcode until the commit time.

special brownie

All you have to do is write down the barcode number that you would normAlly scan. Them manually put the numbers in anytime after the box time. Happens all the time on snow days in my area when we get called in early.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All you have to do is write down the barcode number that you would normAlly scan. Them manually put the numbers in anytime after the box time. Happens all the time on snow days in my area when we get called in early.
Take a picture, scan phone screen.
Don't do this. PM air drivers do it here because no one checks their telematics.
I repeat, don't do this.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Then why even say it?
Because it's being done, some people might want to know.
I cover one route with a 6:30 scheduled drop box pickup, the time posted on the box is 5:00. The way the pickups are scheduled you drive right by the box at 5:30. I asked the bid driver about it and he hesitantly told me he has a picture of the barcode. Adds 20 minutes to my day when I cover that route because I won't do it.

Indecisi0n

I cover one route with a 6:30 scheduled drop box pickup, the time posted on the box is 5:00. The way the pickups are scheduled you drive right by the box at 5:30. I asked the bid driver about it and he hesitantly told me he has a picture of the barcode. Adds 20 minutes to my day when I cover that route because I won't do it.
People are idiots. Only pictures I'm scanning on my phone are nude pictures of my ex.

UPSGUY72

That's a good way to get fired. Just sit and close it out when it suppose be closed out your on the clock and getting paid and most likely on OT.

UPSGUY72

You can scan it at any time before the commit time; however, you cannot close it out or even move the package car once you have scanned the barcode until the commit time.

Let's clarify you can move the package car and close out the letter box pick up somewhere else there is nothing stopping you except your integrity. They would never know unless they had some reason to go check like a complaint. You can even close it out early but you would end up on a report as letter box close out times are tracked by corporate...

Let's clarify you can move the package car and close out the letter box pick up somewhere else there is nothing stopping you except your integrity. They would never know unless they had some reason to go check like a complaint. You can even close it out early but you would end up on a report as letter box close out times are tracked by corporate...
Maybe I am just paranoid but I would never do that or suggest anyone do it. Covering a PM route the last couple days and two of the times in the board got changed somehow. Regular driver told me he closes them out by the old times and nothing has been said in months. Just over rides when the DIAD prompts you that your are too early.

UPSGUY72

Maybe I am just paranoid but I would never do that or suggest anyone do it. Covering a PM route the last couple days and two of the times in the board got changed somehow. Regular driver told me he closes them out by the old times and nothing has been said in months. Just over rides when the DIAD prompts you that your are too early.

Don't believe everything you hear.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why is it scheduled at 6:30 if the box says 5?

underworked1

You can pickup after the posted time on the box. Your scheduled time in the board doesn't matter. It'll prompt you that you are early if you pickup before scheduled time. As long as it's not before the time on the box you are good.