LGBTQ

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a family member who is transgender.
Does it make me uncomfortable? Yes, I will admit that it does a little bit. I grew up in a very homophobic, racist, sexist enviornment and it has taken me many years to overcome those character defects.
My discomfort doesnt keep me from knowing the truth, though...which is that it is ridiculous and ignorant to think that being transgender is a "choice" or a "lifestyle". No rational person would make a choice to subject themselves to the ridicule, the harassment, the hate, the violence, the isolation and the ostracism from mainstream society that often comes with being transgender. It is a medical issue, not a moral one. So while I do feel a little ill at ease about it, I am able to recognize where those feelings come from. Its my own stuff, not theirs. All human beings deserve to be treated with dignity, not just the ones who fit into roles that society has assigned for them. And dignity includes being able to use a bathroom.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have a family member who is transgender.
Does it make me uncomfortable? Yes, I will admit that it does a little bit. I grew up in a very homophobic, racist, sexist enviornment and it has taken me many years to overcome those character defects.
My discomfort doesnt keep me from knowing the truth, though...which is that it is ridiculous and ignorant to think that being transgender is a "choice" or a "lifestyle". No rational person would make a choice to subject themselves to the ridicule, the harassment, the hate, the violence, the isolation and the ostracism from mainstream society that often comes with being transgender. It is a medical issue, not a moral one. So while I do feel a little ill at ease about it, I am able to recognize where those feelings come from. Its my own stuff, not theirs. All human beings deserve to be treated with dignity, not just the ones who fit into roles that society has assigned for them. And dignity includes being able to use a bathroom.
If they are truly transgender, like Caitlyn says,....how come the reluctance to change over for real. The court says mark "friend" on the driver's license. I don't care what you want to be, but pick one!!!! Straddling the fence with a dick can be painful, right?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If they are truly transgender, like Caitlyn says,....how come the reluctance to change over for real. The court says mark "friend" on the driver's license. I don't care what you want to be, but pick one!!!! Straddling the fence with a dick can be painful, right?

You don't have to pick. if Bruce/Caitlyn is a woman mentally, why the need to get rid of the package? Plus, why are you so worried? It's not like she is knocking on your door looking for a date. Live and let live.

soberups

Sex reassignment surgery is expensive and time consuming. Not everyone can afford it, and even for those who can it is a process that starts with counseling and hormone therapy.

teamer

Sex reassignment surgery is expensive and time consuming. Not everyone can afford it, and even for those who can it is a process that starts with counseling and hormone therapy.

understood . the concern with this issue from the other side continues to be that perverts can pretend to be TG and use this issue to feed their pervsions

moreluck

golden ticket member
You don't have to pick. if Bruce/Caitlyn is a woman mentally, why the need to get rid of the package? Plus, why are you so worried? It's not like she is knocking on your door looking for a date. Live and let live.
Live ?? Where did I say to kill him/her. Be what you want to be but don't be half-azzed about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Live ?? Where did I say to kill him/her. Be what you want to be but don't be half-azzed about it.

What he/she wants to be is a he/she that identifies as a woman. I get it, but I guess you don't. Nobody is requiring Caitlyn to remove the unit, and why are you so concerned?

moreluck

golden ticket member
What he/she wants to be is a he/she that identifies as a woman. I get it, but I guess you don't. Nobody is requiring Caitlyn to remove the unit, and why are you so concerned?
Because if she still has a dick, she shouldn't be in my rest room....clear enough 4 ya?

soberups

My wife, daughter, sister and mother are all OK with transgender people using the bathroom that they want to. Womens restrooms have stalls with doors so the peeing is done in private anyway. If a MTF trans person who still has male junk is sitting in the next stall behind a closed door I guess I'm not seeing what the problem is. Live and let live. Perverts using the wrong bathroom to get their jollies is an overblown scare tactic, nothing more.

soberups

Why was there separate rest rooms in the first place ?????????????????????
My guess would be because mens rooms have urinals with no stalls for privacy.
I can gurantee that at some point in my life I have stood at a urinal and peed next to a gay man. I didn't turn gay, he didn't check out my junk, nothing bad happened and life went on as normal. Same deal with gay women sharing bathrooms with straight women. And trans people will be no different. Society has programmed us with a lot of notions and phobias around gender identity that are pure BS.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Oh man. All this stuff about people dressing up to get their jollies reminds me of when I used to get all dressed and done up like a hot little chick so I could go on the Omegle random video chat and trick some perverted sap into :censored2:. Then when it was all too late I'd pull the wig off and make the reveal. The reactions right before the instant disconnects were priceless.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because if she still has a dick, she shouldn't be in my rest room....clear enough 4 ya?

By now, we know you only understand Black and White, not shades of gray, so let me put it this way. If Caitlyn comes into your restroom and goes into the stall, who cares? There isn't a urinal, so you don't have to see her junk anyway, right?

Caitlyn has no history of predation etc. Actually, it is VERY common for women to use men's rest rooms at sporting events, concerts etc. because THEY TAKE SO LONG and the line for their bathroom is very long. So, they cut into our line and mess-up our bathrooms.

So, they have vaginas and shouldn't be in "my" rest room...ever.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
kristi-merritt.jpg