Life only Pension?

Shiftless

Again its a choice. I have not known anyone who has done an advantage plan that hasn't found some glitch down the road.

You really have to read the fine print I have been told, and hope you don't fall into an issue that isn't covered as well or at all.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
AARP is a good resource for this medicare stuff, I've got a few years to go but I've been trying to familiarize myself with the choices. It's a lot to take in and before I made a decision I'd probably want to consult with some sort of advisor and make sure I was considering everything.

rod

Retired 22 years
AARP is a good resource for this medicare stuff, I've got a few years to go but I've been trying to familiarize myself with the choices. It's a lot to take in and before I made a decision I'd probably want to consult with some sort of advisor and make sure I was considering everything.

Ask your homeowners / auto insurance guy if they have a person who handles Medicare supplements. Our office has a dedicated person that knows all the ins and outs of the supplement game. Our gal took our info for what we though we might need for my wife and came up with 4 or 5 choices of which she recommended one of them. We have been VERY happy with it. My wife is borderline hypocondriac and after Medicare and the supplement she hasn't had to pay a dime of out of pocket expenses in the 4 years she has had this policy for doctoring. I think it costs her something like 200 a month.

oldngray

nowhere special
Ask your homeowners / auto insurance guy if they have a person who handles Medicare supplements. Our office has a dedicated person that knows all the ins and outs of the supplement game. Our gal took our info for what we though we might need for my wife and came up with 4 or 5 choices of which she recommended one of them. We have been VERY happy with it. My wife is borderline hypocondriac and after Medicare and the supplement she hasn't had to pay a dime of out of pocket expenses in the 4 years she has had this policy for doctoring. I think it costs her something like 200 a month.
Good idea. I have both my auto and home with the same company and have been very pleased with them. I never thought of them getting into healthcare too but I checked and they just started doing it (with Anthem) last year.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So how much money will the fund receive? How long before it is gone? (These are rhetorical questions.)

Central States I heard quoted will get over 50 billion by itself, covering around 400,000 members, active and retired out of the 86 billion allocated.

It will last till 2051or thirty years once the loans are given. The federal agency PBGC will be in control of those funds and will technically be running these pension trusts.

That is why these corporations are getting out of providing defined pensions, the PBGC charges insurance premiums on everybody participating in these plans. I expect that those premiums and other associated costs will go up considerably in order to sustain and prevent that agency from defaulting also.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It sounds like with Advantage you are stuck with their network. Maybe cheaper but fewer choices. Neither good or bad. Depends on the details.
When the wife signed up last winter, I priced plan G with Farm Bureau . It was right at $100 a month and I was thinking of course, like all, that raises somewhat over the years. It has a $50K lifetime benefit.
Local supplement for both of us( this coming winter for me) is $450 monthly. $100K yearly limit.
My ins. was going to be $450 no matter 1 or 10 dependents. So it made sense to leave everything the same.
But, I'm thinking this winter when I sign up, $200 month is a better premium for sure.
I'm kicking around about forgetting a supplement altogether. I don't know.

quad decade guy

I’m in the very same place you are, I’m paying $400 a month to continue Teamcare. I’m not looking forward to losing that, I turned 63 a couple of weeks ago. My last day was Wednesday, October 14. The exact day I finished 45 years. My Center Manager wasn’t happy I didn’t want to do one more Peak Season, I didn’t care after being over-dispatched all year. I had the best Christmas in a very long time.
45 years....congrats and I mean it.

Now why aren't you relentlessly belittled for staying so long......? I mean, you are a failure....right?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
45 years....congrats and I mean it.

Now why aren't you relentlessly belittled for staying so long......? I mean, you are a failure....right?
I have been called a failure by some on this forum. I never really gave much thought to some stranger's opinion of me. A few people on here are really full of themselves. At the end of the day, I know I have done better than most people.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I have been called a failure by some on this forum. I never really gave much thought to some stranger's opinion of me. A few people on here are really full of themselves. At the end of the day, I know I have done better than most people.
I know a guy ( actually since 2nd grade) started loading in 1974 (he was 18) . He's been in feeders for a while now. 47 years and still going,

quad decade guy

Well, I call it jealousy/envy.

Projecting their self-loathing and misery.

I have a co-worker that will click her 40th this Summer and retire just staying long enough for vacation credit.

Congrats and bravo!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Mod them out of existence! @over9five has your back! They probably don't even shine their shoes!