Life only Pension?

rod

Retired 22 years
Central States I heard quoted will get over 50 billion by itself, covering around 400,000 members, active and retired out of the 86 billion allocated.

It will last till 2051or thirty years once the loans are given. The federal agency PBGC will be in control of those funds and will technically be running these pension trusts.

That is why these corporations are getting out of providing defined pensions, the PBGC charges insurance premiums on everybody participating in these plans. I expect that those premiums and other associated costs will go up considerably in order to sustain and prevent that agency from defaulting also.
The letter I got from Central States said 2051 "or possibly longer". 30 years from now I would be 103--I think I'm set for life now :-)

Over70irregs

He is.
Thing is, he hated the place more than all of us. They bird dogged him all the time. We all figured he would get out the first chance he could.
He has a great feeder run, probably knocks down $150K a year... I think he feels like he is sticking them now after all the times they boned him.
I knew a driver they harrassed when he was able to retire. He stayed longer on purpose to suck summer vacations down and pad his stock and pension.

quad decade guy

You really aren't "belittled" as much as you say. I like reading your posts. But really- you say your 58? Grow a pair. It's the land-of-make-believe here.
You don't know me.

And, I'll decide and how to think.

Make believe? Words have meaning.

I suspect my comments hit too close to home for you.

Now, review this whole thread. And there are SEVERAL high timers mentioned....none of the b.s. I have to wade through.