Life story

BrownThunder

Quick Fix:

ec22.jpg

Sparkey86

I delivered to a lot of older folks when I bumped off boxes. A lot of them have no one to talk to and you may be the only person they see all week. They may be widowers or their kids no longer have time for them. I had a soft spot for the elderly. Sometimes I'd come back on weekends and visit them or bring them food. I'd try and spend a couple of minutes talking to them on route if they wanted to talk. I figure I'd make that time up later in the day somewhere. We will all be old sometime. Oops, I'm already there! lol:ohmy:
I have to share this with you. Today I was sent to pickup a package that was mis delivered to the house next door. Within 50 yards. My mistake. You think when this happens that " they could have just called the neighbor and walked it over without the phone call to ups. Anyway, I go to the house and the driveway is snow covered and steep and about 100 yards long. So I park in the road flashers on and start the treacherous hoof to the house. I get to the door out of breath I knock on the door and this little old fellow comes to the door to with oxygen in his nose and smoking cigarette. Yikes right?, I told him to why I was there and he says" you were supposed to call me before you came" I said that ups didn't let me know that information only I we supposed to come recover the package. He looked at me and said " I can't get out of the house because I have COPD and I haven't been able to get to my mail and newspaper. That's right...back down I go recovered his mail and papers. I felt so sorry for the man because his wife recently died and he we alone. I ended up carrying fire wood in for him. We are getting hammered again here with no again tonight and I just could leave him alone without knowing he would make it through the next few days. That's my story for today.