Lightest peak season ever

satellitedriver

I relish that you think this is a trump card. :lol: You're as much a coward as my district labor manager, who kicked me out of my local hearing because my audacity baffled him. You're only showing your own weakness, my good scab-shrink.
Your showing out is not audacity,
just proof of your emotional/mental state.
Sociopaths always think it is not their fault and that they are better than everyone else.
Seek professional help.

AKCoverMan

Your showing out is not audacity,
just proof of your emotional/mental state.
Sociopaths always think it is not their fault and that they are better than everyone else.
Seek professional help.
C’mon Satellite let’s not be too hard on our brother, unlike msny I’ve been able to have a lengthy back and forth without the usual tactic of being called a stupid racist. I really appreciate that.

Whither

Scofflaw
You write a lot of pretty words but say little. What would you replace it with? Work is still going to be required I’m guessing? I get that you feel enslaved because your working for a living and someone else controls to an extent when and how you work. But regardless of the economic system in place your going to be responsible to contribute somehow right? TANSTAAFL (“There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.)
You have to think little of human beings, including yourself, if you think that "work is still going to be required."

It's not a matter of pretty words. In conditions which promote freedom, e.g., the freedom to "walk away," which is the same as being able to disobey without being automatically doomed, and being able to create new, different relationships, people can figure out things themselves. Once people are mere dependents, they imagine the "real problem" is "freeloaders". Ironically, that describes the majority of wealthy people. They live off of our efforts. They just enjoy legal control over those efforts, while the rest of us are allegedly "free," e.g., if you don't like this company you can work for another. Same difference.

Stop insisting that we apologize for this ****ty way of life unless we have some grand plan to replace it. That's not how it works. Only think of this: every time you worry you forgot to lock a door to your house, you're already admitting you live in chaos ... "they" could be coming for you at any time. It's probably not true, but I don't know if you noticed, since Covid, I see all the more evidence of people "dropping out" and becoming homeless. We're already at war with ourselves ...

JL 0513

That's the rub. I say it's not a "choice" that I can sell my time/labor for another company, or else start a company and hire others do the same. "Meet the new rulers, same as the old." A choice would mean that I/you/anyone would not face dreadful obstacles to living another way. But that's not really possible as long as we live in a society based on wage labor. It is imaginative leap. But it's high time to stop dreaming the dreams of this bankrupt society.

You keep talking in vague ideologies but can't explain the Utopia you hope for. You're afraid to post your ideas because you know they're ridiculous but ideology is always blinding to reality. Whatever system you think you want, I can assure you that we'd be living in caves and the only priority in life would be hunting for the next animal to eat.

AKCoverMan

You have to think little of human beings, including yourself, if you think that "work is still going to be required."

It's not a matter of pretty words. In conditions which promote freedom, e.g., the freedom to "walk away," which is the same as being able to disobey without being automatically doomed, and being able to create new, different relationships, people can figure out things themselves. Once people are mere dependents, they imagine the "real problem" is "freeloaders". Ironically, that describes the majority of wealthy people. They live off of our efforts. They just enjoy legal control over those efforts, while the rest of us are allegedly "free," e.g., if you don't like this company you can work for another. Same difference.

Stop insisting that we apologize for this ****ty way of life unless we have some grand plan to replace it. That's not how it works. Only think of this: every time you worry you forgot to lock a door to your house, you're already admitting you live in chaos ... "they" could be coming for you at any time. It's probably not true, but I don't know if you noticed, since Covid, I see all the more evidence of people "dropping out" and becoming homeless. We're already at war with ourselves ...
No, seriously, work will be required. Food doesn’t just appear in front of you. You seem very upset that you have to put forth the effort. You want a society where you can just “walk away” but you want to keep eating and probably, living indoors.

I think little of human beings? Quite the opposite. Just one example, walk into a grocery store and behold the vast abundance of goods available to us. Another, flip on a light switch, or reply to a thread on BC.

Whither

Scofflaw
I’ll ask once again, what is this alternative way of living in which we don’t work but we have all we need? I get that you don’t want to work for a living...please explain the alternative? Maybe I can learn a better way.
You confuse "work" with making a free effort to sustain oneself. That's forgivable under the current conditions, which might lead a person to think if it weren't the "genius" of our benevolent capitalists people would just be living in utter squalor. But it's a total fraud. If you really think people would just sandbag without coercion then you already don't believe in freedom.

Whither

Scofflaw
You keep talking in vague ideologies but can't explain the Utopia you hope for. You're afraid to post your ideas because you know they're ridiculous but ideology is always blinding to reality. Whatever system you think you want, I can assure you that we'd be living in caves and the only priority in life would be hunting for the next animal to eat.
Thanks for your expert assurance. I hope that gives you some comfort and confidence in your substantial "freedoms" lol

JL 0513

You confuse "work" with making a free effort to sustain oneself. That's forgivable under the current conditions, which might lead a person to think if it weren't the "genius" of our benevolent capitalists people would just be living in utter squalor. But it's a total fraud. If you really think people would just sandbag without coercion then you already don't believe in freedom.

Why are you posting on a computer/phone created by capitalism? You shouldn't allow yourself with the nonsense you believe.

You're no different than a vegan who makes an exception for bacon.

Whither

Scofflaw
Why are you posting on a computer/phone created by capitalism? You shouldn't allow yourself with the nonsense you believe.

You're no different than a vegan who makes an exception for bacon.
No, you're the fool, because I'm not moralizing here, I'm talking about a social relationship that none of us chose but have to live under as long as we're unable to change it. Yes, I could refuse to use computers and phones. What does it matter? I still couldn't refuse wage labor. ADMIT IT. You're not free. And you know it.

AKCoverMan

See now your telling me what I believe instead of explaining what you believe.

So it’s not “work” if no money is involved is that it? Still it’s labor, no matter what name you give it.

I’m certain that in any society, any economic system, there are going to be those who try to free load. Doesn’t mean I think humans are inherently bad just that we run the spectrum of good and bad. Lotmore good than bad IMO or our race would have not survived.

But that’s not why I think capitalism works. It’s far from perfect, but it functions better than any other system thus far. So far your system is getting rid of the current “evil” system, but tell me what happens next? How does food get to the stores, how do we function? Communism hasn’t worked anywhere and certainly does not promote any kind of “freedom”. But if you have the solution please share.

Whither

Scofflaw
You seem very upset that you have to put forth the effort.
You seem upset that it's not a question of effort, it's a BIG QUESTION of what effort, for whom, and why. The problem is not effort lol. We're natural beings. Imagine saying that a plant died because it was "lazy" lol

JL 0513

No, you're the fool, because I'm not moralizing here, I'm talking about a social relationship that none of us chose but have to live under as long as we're unable to change it. Yes, I could refuse to use computers and phones. What does it matter? I still couldn't refuse wage labor. ADMIT IT. You're not free. And you know it.

You're still making no sense. Aren't you saying that you can only be "free" if you don't have to work?

Against "wage labor". Would you prefer to be paid with chickens?

No work means nothing exists and humanity goes extinct in about 2 weeks.

AKCoverMan

Yes. Yes you can refuse wage labor. You can go to school and become a professional of some sort and never work an hourly job again. You could invent some new thing and after working hard to develop it, never Work again. You have choices.

You want no freedom.. go to a communist country where you still work hard, but have very little, and no choice in what work you do, or how much work you do, or what you say, wear, think...

But I AM free, free to succeed or fail miserably. Nonetheless free. I’m sorry you feel so enslaved and unhappy.

AKCoverMan

You seem upset that it's not a question of effort, it's a BIG QUESTION of what effort, for whom, and why. The problem is not effort lol. We're natural beings. Imagine saying that a plant died because it was "lazy" lol
Imagine comparing plant life with sentient human being life? 🤔

AKCoverMan

Your forced to make an effort, you can choose who, where, when and why. That’s freedom.

You want the choice of no effort it’s no consequence. That’s not freedom, that’s impossibility.