Lightest peak season ever

nWo

Amazon is delivering much more of their :censored2: this year than last year. And their total market share of e-commerce continues to rise at an insanely high rate. They are picking up and delivering more 3rd party orders. They are continuing to take sales from smaller retailers. These smaller retailers would generally ship UPS.

In 2014, Amazon delivered just 20 million packages, versus the 4.2 billion last year.

A billion is 1000 millions. FYI. From 20 million to 4.2 Billion in 7 years is some serious growth.

Plus UPS didn't dick around and hired a bunch of seasonal drivers.

Overpaid Union Thug

Amazon is delivering much more of their :censored2: this year than last year. And their total market share of e-commerce continues to rise at an insanely high rate. They are picking up and delivering more 3rd party orders. They are continuing to take sales from smaller retailers. These smaller retailers would generally ship UPS.

In 2014, Amazon delivered just 20 million packages, versus the 4.2 billion last year.

A billion is 1000 millions. FYI. From 20 million to 4.2 Billion in 7 years is some serious growth.

Plus UPS didn't dick around and hired a bunch of seasonal drivers.
The Amazon cult is real.

textat3

The company is showing us how great life with PVDs is….why would anyone want to follow in the footsteps of the guys in NY and file on them…….the company’s train of thought-not mine.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Boss told me to keep working until I hit 13 hours. Said I have to sleep in the package car tonight and they’re going to bring more out to me in the morning.

Worst peak ever.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Fookin pvds.
Hopefully these derailed trains and stalled traffic whip our butts tomorrow the way it should be

For what it's worth anybody who wants to work 6 days a week still can go for a minimum of 48 hours whether they work them or not. The company here already knows and obeys that they can't layoff jack or adjust hours below 8 with these seasonals out.

Last edited:

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
It has to be the PVD’s, they got 4-6 people delivering what I would do 3 years ago; they would add stuff btw…one of the pvds quit also…enjoy it while it lasts.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Pvd's

When they are phased out it will get back to normal

Enjoy it while you can
I think there may be a silent majority, on browncafe, that actually like the fact that the PVD's allow them to get home earlier during the short holiday season.
Scabs out there delivering.
And then there is the vocal minority.
Be sure to call your seasonal helper a scab every day. They are, no doubt, robbing you of your precious rupees.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I think there may be a silent majority, on browncafe, that actually like the fact that the PVD's allow them to get home earlier during the short holiday season.

Be sure to call your seasonal helper a scab every day. They are, no doubt, robbing you of your precious rupees.
thank you for your service

Overpaid Union Thug

Unionize them, then the threat for your job will be over.
Good luck with that.
DE452F57-CCB8-49AC-A3A3-BAFBC9BD2B4B.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

The driver should make the call on PVD's, not management. He or she want's the OT, they should have that right.

Could also be the Biden economy, although you wont hear that reported in most media.

HFolb23

My feeder CPU accounts have been very light. Same with other CPU routes as I’m talking to other feeder drivers.

I think a lot of people are shopping in store this year and I blame the news for it. Headlines like “trucker shortages”, “buy gifts early” and “port backlog” don’t exactly instill confidence that Christmas gifts ordered online will make it on time.

I have seen top rate drivers taking pay actual the last two days. Drivers still in progression are trying to max their hours to avoid working Saturday. I still managed to squeeze in 11 hours.