Little help with moving violations

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Just looking for some legal
Backing to get it knocked down and points reduced or removed
check with dmv about traffic school. some states allow you to attend traffic school online. no points. In CA with a CDL you can not go to traffic school.

good luck. seems like you are overly stressing over this. but it's good you are researching .

check with dmv about traffic school. some states allow you to attend traffic school online. no points. In CA with a CDL you can not go to traffic school.

good luck. seems like you are overly stressing over this. but it's good you are researching .

May check into that, yes just trying to be proactive about it and cover my bases. Had I deliberately did something, shame on me. Honest mistake well, shame on me as well. Try to rectify

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Lol not at all, just expired tags citation and gave a court date to plead.
I can get the renewed registration documents but again they won't be in my name. Have found that if you have legal counseling present, chances of beating it are better.

Whether it effects employment advancement or not o still don't find it adequate I get penalized
You really need to settle down, it's an expired tag not a DUI. 99% of all states it is a civil infraction not a criminal violation so the very most that can EVER come of it is a nominal fine. You want legal advice, you have already been given it by a few people. If that's not good enough for you, hire a lawyer to do exactly what you've already been told for a lot more money.

I'll tell you this, most people, myself included, don't bother checking a vehicle or equipment for proper tags and insurance paperwork and that's your fault and why you got a ticket. Now here's your "free" legal advice...I was a cop in Phoenix and one of my specialties was running traffic. I most likely would have given you a warning, since I would have known through NCIC that the trailer was not yours but who knows...approach determines response. I know it's not your trailer but if your buddy was a true friend, he would have already gotten the trailer registered after you told him about the citation.

So, before your court date, call the court and ask them if you still have to attend the hearing if you provide proof that the trailer is registered. If you do, go to court and dress respectably. Provide the judge with the proof that the trailer is registered and beg the court for mercy and say that you were at fault for not acting like a responsible motorist by checking that all documents and equipment were in order.

Take a Xanax, you'll be fine.

You really need to settle down, it's an expired tag not a DUI. 99% of all states it is a civil infraction not a criminal violation so the very most that can EVER come of it is a nominal fine. You want legal advice, you have already been given it by a few people. If that's not good enough for you, hire a lawyer to do exactly what you've already been told for a lot more money.

I'll tell you this, most people, myself included, don't bother checking a vehicle or equipment for proper tags and insurance paperwork and that's your fault and why you got a ticket. Now here's your "free" legal advice...I was a cop in Phoenix and one of my specialties was running traffic. I most likely would have given you a warning, since I would have known through NCIC that the trailer was not yours but who knows...approach determines response. I know it's not your trailer but if your buddy was a true friend, he would have already gotten the trailer registered after you told him about the citation.

So, before your court date, call the court and ask them if you still have to attend the hearing if you provide proof that the trailer is registered. If you do, go to court and dress respectably. Provide the judge with the proof that the trailer is registered and beg the court for mercy and say that you were at fault for not acting like a responsible motorist by checking that all documents and equipment were in order.

Take a Xanax, you'll be fine.

You may correct and all of the other users that commented. Worst part is until have concrete info, I'll worry.

Yeah that sheriff didn't hesitate to write a citation. We will see what we can figure out, will talk with my center again this morning about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's like talking to a brick wall. :(

Have your friend get the trailer registered, bring a copy of that paperwork and your ticket to the police department, complete a reduction form, submit that with the other paperwork for their review. They will either reduce the ticket to a non-moving violation or throw it out completely.

Do not discuss this any further with your mgt team as it will only raise suspicion as to your truthfulness.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I'd stay p/t if l were you anyways. U really want to be a driver? Really??

Lol yes, is that a trick question ?

Not a trick question at all; I would have my thoughts more focused on alternatives to becoming a driver, than worrying about a citation involving a trailer.

32 year employee, will be retiring in less than a year
I would not take this path again. No way, no how

clean hairy

Check out your state dmv laws.
Took me just a few moments to find expired registration is considered a non moving violation in some of the states.

It's like talking to a brick wall. :(

Have your friend get the trailer registered, bring a copy of that paperwork and your ticket to the police department, complete a reduction form, submit that with the other paperwork for their review. They will either reduce the ticket to a non-moving violation or throw it out completely.

Do not discuss this any further with your mgt team as it will only raise suspicion as to your truthfulness.
Cool thanks man that I will do!

Not a trick question at all; I would have my thoughts more focused on alternatives to becoming a driver, than worrying about a citation involving a trailer.

32 year employee, will be retiring in less than a year
I would not take this path again. No way, no how

I mean I enjoy the people on routes, air stress is the worst but, over all fairly smooth most days.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
th

chris9834

I'm a little late on this post but registration or inspection or insurance is not a moving violation. It will not show on your record because only "moving" violation or accidents show on MVR. Also even if it was a moving violation it won't show on your record because you have not pled guilty 2 the offense even if you did plea guilty it won't show until the citation is paid in full. Also just a tip if you are ever pulled over for a moving violation get a Attorney it cost anywhere from $40 to $120 and they will do all the leg work for you. Or you can go to court your self and save money and ask for probation and pay the ticket off in 90 days to keep it off your record usually the conditions of your 90 day probation is that you can not be pulled over during the 90 days. If you are still You also can always call you DMV and request your driver record it will show your driving record. Don't sweat it and good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm a little late on this post but registration or inspection or insurance is not a moving violation. It will not show on your record because only "moving" violation or accidents show on MVR. Also even if it was a moving violation it won't show on your record because you have not pled guilty 2 the offense even if you did plea guilty it won't show until the citation is paid in full. Also just a tip if you are ever pulled over for a moving violation get a Attorney it cost anywhere from $40 to $120 and they will do all the leg work for you. Or you can go to court your self and save money and ask for probation and pay the ticket off in 90 days to keep it off your record usually the conditions of your 90 day probation is that you can not be pulled over during the 90 days. If you are still You also can always call you DMV and request your driver record it will show your driving record. Don't sweat it and good luck.

There is so much misinformation in this that I'm not sure where to start.

The rules vary by state so I his state it may very well be a moving violation. You are correct in that it will not show up on his abstract until a final ruling has been made. You are incorrect about the moving violation not showing up on his abstract until the citation is paid in full. I shudder to think of the level of representation that you would get for $40. You cannot request probation during a traffic court hearing. License abstracts can (and should) be downloaded from your state DMV website shortly after you receive a citation and at least once a year.