Load quality

Birdblue

just curious can I get a write up for poor load quality? There are times when I do try to make good walls but there are times when I get busy that I can’t help how the walls look and management begins to complain at me. What should I do?

Box Ox

just curious can I get a write up for poor load quality? There are times when I do try to make good walls but there are times when I get busy that I can’t help how the walls look and management begins to complain at me. What should I do?

No. They can’t demand more than your reasonable best. But constantly complaining and trying to wring out more performance is a big component of their job security.

Tell your supervisor you’re working safely and would prefer not to be harassed or oversupervised. A sort supervisor chooses to challenge you on any of those points at their own peril.

AwashBwashCwash

No. They can’t demand more than your reasonable best. But constantly complaining and trying to wring out more performance is a big component of their job security.

Tell your supervisor you’re working safely and would prefer not to be harassed or oversupervised. A sort supervisor chooses to challenge you on any of those points at their own peril.

Heh, I tried this line last night. Unloading PCs for 2 hours and started slowing down, puked, almost passed out a few times. On-road sup was in the building screaming at me to go faster, I replied "I'm going as fast as I can buddy"
He tried to get up in my face while I kept working, he sas "No, stop, look at me" so I stop and he gets in my face and goes "Then you need to find another job."

Box Ox

Heh, I tried this line last night. Unloading PCs for 2 hours and started slowing down, puked, almost passed out a few times. On-road sup was in the building screaming at me to go faster, I replied "I'm going as fast as I can buddy"
He tried to get up in my face while I kept working, he sas "No, stop, look at me" so I stop and he gets in my face and goes "Then you need to find another job."

Ask coworkers to be witnesses and file a grievance and call the UPS hotline to report. I’d witness any time, anywhere for a coworker who was treated that way.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Make a Chinese wall and throw er' in!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That sup will be gone long before you even bother to remember their name.

I tell my supes that the cardboard goes from point A to point B and then proceed to self-congratulate myself every time I do exactly that.

Have you ever tried slowing down and doing the job correctly. I resorted 2 package cars after a kid blew them out, took 1-2 hours, who cares as long as the work is satisfactory.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
hqdefault.jpg

Wiconi

You, contractually, owe UPS an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. There is no language in the contract providing for any 'pieces per hour' minimums or any other such nonsense. Do the best work you are capable of, work as quickly and safely as you can. DOCUMENT DATES, TIMES AND WORDS, Of any supervisors who demand more. Contractually, you are also entitled to be treated with dignity and respect.

The first step is to say to your sup you are working as safely and quickly as is reasonable, and request that he/she be dignified and respectful in their speach. Failing that, bring it to your steward, and ask others nearby to make witness statements to the steward.