Local 104

I have a friend in the Tempe building that is a combo 22.3. Mid/preload. He gets his 8 hours but says he feels very uncomfortable because in his 1st half of his shift consist of only 30 min of work and he tends to "milk the clock" to get his 4 hours in the first half of his combo. He feels he's stealing company time! But he notices that part-time preloaders come in super early upto 2 hours before the sort to set up. some get 8 hours for the whole day!.... Can he bump the Part timers in order for him to stay busy??? Or does he needs to do his combo job and milk the clock?? 🤔

UPSER1987

I have a friend in the Tempe building that is a combo 22.3. Mid/preload. He gets his 8 hours but says he feels very uncomfortable because in his 1st half of his shift consist of only 30 min of work and he tends to "milk the clock" to get his 4 hours in the first half of his combo. He feels he's stealing company time! But he notices that part-time preloaders come in super early upto 2 hours before the sort to set up. some get 8 hours for the whole day!.... Can he bump the Part timers in order for him to stay busy??? Or does he needs to do his combo job and milk the clock?? 🤔
Why does he care what others do? He’s works as directed and getting his guaranteed 8. If they gave him more work, he’d probably bitch about that too.

He needs to do the job he bid on and mind his business l

Why does he care what others do? He’s works as directed and getting his guaranteed 8. If they gave him more work, he’d probably bitch about that too.

He needs to do the job he bid on and mind his business l
I agree! Thats exactly what I told him So it would be alright for him to do his 30 min work and milk it for the next 3 1/2 hours?? Wouldn't that be stealing company time??

UPSER1987

I agree! Thats exactly what I told him So it would be alright for him to do his 30 min work and milk it for the next 3 1/2 hours?? Wouldn't that be stealing company time??
No. If he’s in his bid position and working as directed by management, how is he stealing time.

Gateway employees spend most of their shift not working.