Local 177 Retire Healthcare Coverage

The Milkman

That number is NOT the UPS plan........ The correct number is 1-800-516-1270. If you are already retired or will be before January 1, 2014........Your retiree benefits will continue to be provided by UPS. Please contact them for more information

Called that number...Blue Cross Blue Shield Member services??? WTF

LagunaBrown

Sorry here our providers are kaiser and blue dmshid. You need to call your health care providers under your UPS retirement plan. Ask them if it's staying the same. Does that make sense.... I didn't mean to throw you off.

LagunaBrown

http://www.wr177healthcare.com

Scroll down to the bottom Laguna and read.

I get what you saying but did you not see the big red lettering on the home page that says:

Retirement Benefits: The Teamsters Western Region 177 Retiree Health Plan will be available only for those individuals that retire on and after January 1st 2014. If you are already retired or plan on retiring before January 1, 2014, your retiree benefits will continue to be provided by UPS. Please contact them for more information.
Please just call UPS and whatever retirement plan your on to make sure. That is all I am asking brother.

Omega man

If that is correct then my Thanks to The Local 177 team. Untill I get it in writing I will keep hopeing it is as you state it. $50 a month, zero $$ mail in Rx, $5.00 Brand at Wallgreens, No deductibles. Grandfathered in is the only fair way to go but in the long run Current employees will be paying when they hang it up and that my friend could only get worse down the road..:peaceful:

I do not believe that this is correct.
It is my understanding that you will be pushed into a "new" UPS company plan with increased monthly payments.
I would call the hall to find out for sure. 973-923-7070, 973-923-2631 or 1800-995-1770
I will be retiring under the WR177 plan but let us know what you find.

Omega man

Local 177 Supplement

Article 55
Welfare Plan
Section 3
Current retirees who are receiving benefits through a UPS sponsored plan shall receive coverage beginning January 1, 2014 under the terms of the Memorandum Concerning UPS Sponsored Plans, attached to the National Master Agreement.

Master
Memorandum of Understanding​
United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (Union) agree to the following in connection with the former Teamster-represented UPS employees who are in a retired status as of December 31, 2013 and receiving retiree medical coverage through a UPS sponsored plan:

1) Retirees in UPS sponsored plans (pre- and post-65) will have the following contribution rates:
Effective 1-1-2014:
Single-fifty dollars ($50.00)/retiree plus-one hundred dollars ($100.00)
Effective 1-1-2015:
Single-one hundred dollars ($100.00)/retiree plus-two hundred dollars ($200.00)
Effective 1-1-2016:
Single-one hundred and fifty ($150.00)/retiree plus-three hundred dollars ($300.00)

2) Effective January 1, 2014 all current retiree medical plans will be modified to provide an 80/20 benefit in network; 70/30 benefit out-of-network, and an annual deductible of $200/$400.

3) This Agreement will be applied to retirees covered by the Health Care Program and formerly represented by Teamster Locals 118, 182, 294, 317, 449, 529, 264A, 687 and 693 in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between the parties identified in this paragraph dated October 22, 2010.

4) Nothing within this paragraph is intended to alter UPS rights with regard to the retiree plans as specified in the associated Summary Plan Description.

The Milkman

I do not believe that this is correct.
It is my understanding that you will be pushed into a "new" UPS company plan with increased monthly payments.
I would call the hall to find out for sure. 973-923-7070, 973-923-2631 or 1800-995-1770
I will be retiring under the WR177 plan but let us know what you find.

Made call Long story. 1-800-Ups-1508, spoke to benefits people at UPS about local 177 and they themselves as of today could not give me a correct specific answer.Sounds like we will have to pay etc, but spokesperson said until voted on costs will be the same, even if it carries over to 2014...Been hearing this and that, that and this...untill I get something sent to me in the mail it is anybodys guess......If it does go up at least I got 6 yrs in before the downfall of retiree benefits at UPS, I am sure that all the bloated board members are patting themselves on the backs saying "Well done, now lets divie up the extra millions we are saving to spread amongst ourselves at the expense of the Little People who got us here at this table":money:

oldngray

nowhere special
Made call Long story. 1-800-Ups-1508, spoke to benefits people at UPS about local 177 and they themselves as of today could not give me a correct specific answer.Sounds like we will have to pay etc, but spokesperson said until voted on costs will be the same, even if it carries over to 2014...Been hearing this and that, that and this...untill I get something sent to me in the mail it is anybodys guess......If it does go up at least I got 6 yrs in before the downfall of retiree benefits at UPS, I am sure that all the bloated board members are patting themselves on the backs saying "Well done, now lets divie up the extra millions we are saving to spread amongst ourselves at the expense of the Little People who got us here at this table":money:

Its impossible to get a clear and accurate answer from UPS. The person who answers the phone (after you have been on hold forever) will just look at what their computer says, and it is usually inaccurate. It won't consider the differences between different locals or other situations that vary from the one situation they know about. Forget accurate information about people already retired since they usually will just tell you about future retirees. And they usually won't realize that some people will still be covered under the UPS plan instead of Teamcare.

The Milkman

Its impossible to get a clear and accurate answer from UPS. The person who answers the phone (after you have been on hold forever) will just look at what their computer says, and it is usually inaccurate. It won't consider the differences between different locals or other situations that vary from the one situation they know about. Forget accurate information about people already retired since they usually will just tell you about future retirees. And they usually won't realize that some people will still be covered under the UPS plan instead of Teamcare.

I hear ya, But Specifically I said I have been retired for years and I told him that I do understand Retirees after Jan 1st will be affected differently than me........Still, like the 3 Stooges mayhem in full force.:knockedout:

Squint

No more work for me!
Ok, so I called and I got the same run around as some of you. Point is, it's still all up in the air as 7 supplements are still a no vote. I do realize though that we retiree's will have to pay more. I just want the same plan that I have now. The aches and pains that 30 years of humping cardboard puts on the body is only truly realized until you don't have to do it anymore. My wife and I have to take vacations around our doctors visits. Ah, the life of retirement!

The Milkman

Ok, so I called and I got the same run around as some of you. Point is, it's still all up in the air as 7 supplements are still a no vote. I do realize though that we retiree's will have to pay more. I just want the same plan that I have now. The aches and pains that 30 years of humping cardboard puts on the body is only truly realized until you don't have to do it anymore. My wife and I have to take vacations around our doctors visits. Ah, the life of retirement!

Yes, Same plan, it would be nice if UPS kept up their end of the deal after all our yrs of hard work by keeping the costs quoated us when we left.:surprised:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Even if the word "nice" was in your policy book most management would ignore it just like the words "honesty" and "integrity" which are there.

Nice, integrity and honesty are all meaningless weasel words these days.

Every time some crybaby does not get their way, they start screaming honesty, integrity and don't forget "racist".
Even white people are screaming racist these days.
Even obesity is used.

I just tell people, "I'm not fat, I'm big boned!"

The Milkman

Even if the word "nice" was in your policy book most management would ignore it just like the words "honesty" and "integrity" which are there.

So True!!!!!!!! Mngt , Bunch of backstabbers just focused on stepping on anyone in their way up the Ladder of Greed:angry:

The Milkman

​What! Driver's make more than management!

C'Mon Hoax....Ask any driver with any amount of time with UPS and I am sure they will say they wish they had more down time to be home with their family. If any driver makes more than mngt it is because of the unrealistic stop counts placed on them by the bean counters who plan them. They can't even plan an 8 hour dispatch even with a center manager on the ride , and that is with bulk removed, airs passed off and some pick ups covered by other drivers.. A requested light day or even the day after Thanksgiving have always been disasters for me and others over the yrs, regardless of OT or not Guys want a Life outside of UPS. Management has no Life because they Chose to go to the DARK SIDE knowing well in advance the pitfalls of being Yes Men....:knockedout: