Local 251

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Errors? I just want to know what the payouts are. Example? If I have 10 hours of grievable OT, what would I get? What should I get? And how would said poster know what the arbitration amount be? Who is oking this lesser amount? Keep in mind I used 10 hours for a reason.
You are getting over 57 hours a week now? In Jan/Feb? Grab a steward and file ASAP. He will be able to give you ballpark numbers now.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
And yes, many get that since the implementation of Orion. And that's why am asking the original poster, it sounded like he was in the loop. seemed like he was speaking from experience.

TheKid

You hear it told that it is triple time. What they mean is , you are paid time and a half for what you work , then if you grieve it, that is also paid as time and a half.

wide load

You hear it told that it is triple time. What they mean is , you are paid time and a half for what you work , then if you grieve it, that is also paid as time and a half.
That part I get. Kim trying to get an understanding, still, on the original poster saying "the amount should be more". Why are they not what they should be?

JoeSchmoe

It's hilarious. You guys complain all shift about how much work there is to do, how many pkgs are coming down the belts... but when someone comes to help... GRIEVE GRIEVE GRIEVE!!! Stop bitching then and do your job.

wide load

Schmoe? What are you talking about!? Just based upon the little information you gave I assume you're a supervisor. You talk about people complaining about the amount of work and then if you help people grieve it. I assume you mean a supervisor comes to help and people grieving it. That is the correct thing to do. A measly supervisor that has no capacity to do any labor-intensive work would never grasp the concept that the work that comes down the belt is Teamster work and Teamster to work only. So stick to being overpaid observer.

JoeSchmoe

Wide Load... Nope. I welcome help if I'm busy regardless of who it comes from. The bottom line is we all work for UPS. Our goal is to service our customers regardless of who puts packages on trucks. Focus your time on working instead of worrying about what others are doing or who is doing it. Perhaps if you were competent, you wouldn't need help.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The only reason we work at ups is to make money. If you want to feel good about working for free volunteer your time elsewhere

wide load

Wide Load... Nope. I welcome help if I'm busy regardless of who it comes from. The bottom line is we all work for UPS. Our goal is to service our customers regardless of who puts packages on trucks. Focus your time on working instead of worrying about what others are doing or who is doing it. Perhaps if you were competent, you wouldn't need help.
Who was asking for help? I work my time. I deliver everything on my truck. Certain times of the year I opt in for 95 due to family issues. I wouldn't have an issue working 10 hour days, but 14 in a labor intensive environment is a little egregious. Let me ask you, what do you do at UPS?