Local 251

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Lol.

If you have a friend in Local 251, call them and ask about Porky. They only people that praise him have something to lose by not kissing his ass.

I was the example of what happens when you stand up to him and call him on his bull:censored2:.

Were you elected or appointed ?

You know me...
That made you an "at will" employee, subject to his whim.

If you had been elected.... he still could have fired you through progressive discipline and the E-board.
At will employess do not pay Union dues at the highest possible rate as a condition of employment.

That's called having it both ways.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Fact and law.

As a dues paying union member, I have a right to due process. Without that right, forcing me to pay dues is literally charging me a fee to work there, which is highly illegal.

I'd like to read your Local Union Bylaws.

They generally give the Principal Officer a pretty "wide birth" when running the Local.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'd like to read your Local Union Bylaws.

They generally give the Principal Officer a pretty "wide birth" when running the Local.

Kind of what I thought....

(B) "He shall have charge and supervision of all the officers and employees of the Local Union including elected business agents, and the Executive Board shall have the power to appoint, employ, suspend or discharge all appointed business agents and organizers or other employees or professional assistants, including accountants and attorneys."

"The principal officer shall have authority to interpret these Bylaws and to decide all questions of law thereunder, between meetings of the Local Union Executive Board."

Thebrownblob

(B) "He shall have charge and supervision of all the officers and employees of the Local Union including elected business agents, and the Executive Board shall have the power to appoint, employ, suspend or discharge all appointed business agents and organizers or other employees or professional assistants, including accountants and attorneys."

"The principal officer shall have authority to interpret these Bylaws and to decide all questions of law thereunder, between meetings of the Local Union Executive Board."

1698500674811.gif

You know me...

Bylaws = Company policy.

And...I was not terminated by the Principal Officer. He literally 'recused' himself.

You can't make this :censored2: up, brother. 🤣

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Bylaws = Company policy.

And...I was not terminated by the Principal Officer. He literally 'recused' himself.

You can't make this :censored2: up, brother. 🤣
There was always a cozy relationship between the company and that local. It goes way back.