Local 2727 update

airbusfxr

Joe will get us an "A" plan something that this group didn't even try for. This kinder gentler group wasted years and now we can get a lion to lead sheep into battle.

brownone

Hey, I thought you were going into management? You're real good at beating down other mechanics.....a perfect fit for management! Do use all a favor and put your letter in for management. No room for a company man in any Union!

If UPS goes out of business will the Teamsters pay your salary and benefits? Without UPS you do not get paid. Here is some advice, you may want to think about being a company person versus trying to make it go under. I would guess you were a mechanic for an airline that does not exist any longer at some point in your life. When they went under, did your union pay all your bills?

luvubas

If UPS goes out of business will the Teamsters pay your salary and benefits? Without UPS you do not get paid. Here is some advice, you may want to think about being a company person versus trying to make it go under. I would guess you were a mechanic for an airline that does not exist any longer at some point in your life. When they went under, did your union pay all your bills?

Very well put!

mrv

Don't forget to vote for your new E-board on March 8th. Hopefully 250 ballots won't go "MIssing" this time.

airbusfxr

If ups goes broke it won't be because of the mechanics. It will be because ups will not buy 747-8 for long range lift. These idiots have tried to go under by not keeping up with competition. How can they buy Junkers and fly a freaking MD 11 from sdf-cle without consequences? UPS has stepped over dollars to pick up pennies and we are lucky to still be in business. Why do you think the staff level guys had they pockets filled a few years back? Instead of investing in Int growth they invested in theirselves.

UPSSOCKS

If ups goes broke it won't be because of the mechanics. It will be because ups will not buy 747-8 for long range lift. These idiots have tried to go under by not keeping up with competition. How can they buy Junkers and fly a freaking MD 11 from sdf-cle without consequences? UPS has stepped over dollars to pick up pennies and we are lucky to still be in business. Why do you think the staff level guys had they pockets filled a few years back? Instead of investing in Int growth they invested in theirselves.

You heard it here first, UPS will go out of buisness because they didn't buy the right planes. Finally I have a clear picture of Airbusfxr. "UPS has stepped over dollars to pick up pennies" Are you out of your mind? Look at the 4qt earnings. Look at the stock movement.... You haven't a got a clue... This post pretty much says it all....

fr8dog

Watch what happens when the ground side managers are run out of the top of this great company. They'll fill there pockets then tell them to enjoy retirement. Got a feeling Bob got out before get's too bad.

airbusfxr

Yes all uppers will be from II morrow. People like Upssux don't know how to run a company. Leikites was the last grounder to be in these positions. From now on only II morrows and their buddies will run the "ship".

airbusfxr

Upssux your brownone was crying the IBT would be the failure of ups. My point is that ups could really make money if they had the lift. That's what problem, people like you are running the business and not maximizing revenue. FDX is still flying B727s full of freight, who's the smarter? Who's stock is at 1999 IPO price?

UPSSOCKS

Upssux your brownone was crying the IBT would be the failure of ups. My point is that ups could really make money if they had the lift. That's what problem, people like you are running the business and not maximizing revenue. FDX is still flying B727s full of freight, who's the smarter? Who's stock is at 1999 IPO price?

Which company is more profitable? Stock price is meaningless, anyone that took a basic finance class in college can tell you that. The IBT is a setback for UPS. It's sad... Why do you think Fed Ex is fighting tooth and nail not to be unionized. The Union cripples companies.. It shows you how strong UPS really is... All the problems UPS has are created by union members. The IBT is nothing but an expense.. It's an expense we have learn to overcome...

mrv

Union labor is what makes UPS strong. That's why 2727 must stop UPS from outsourcing our jobs! Vote NO on the TA, and YES to a new Eboard.

airbusfxr

Your in north bay. Stay out of int growth issues. Ups needs atlas air or B777 or keep leaving int vol for FDX to move. Stay on the partner threads, north bay threads and leave int vol movement to me. Your paying me 104k let me tell you how to pay for my free health care.

Last edited:

mymistake

The way I see it UPS has plenty of lift, just not using it as effective has FedEx. Most airports UPS arrives in AM and sits for about 16 hours. Fed Ex comes and goes all day long moving US Mail and etc. If there is a demand for MD-11 from SDF-CLE then so be it fly the MD-11. Fed Ex is flying MD-10/11 all over there domestic market. In regards to who kills more companies, that is mis-management more than unions. How many great companies fell to poor management that lined their pockets with golden parachutes? Is it true that there is another investigation of voter fraud at IBT 2727? If so we should not be voting on this contract! I have noticed plenty of me, me, me going on here about this contract. I am hearing as long as you are in the 4-1 ratio then all is good and your voting yes, even if it on paper things don't look just right. Don't make it all about money the greed will destroy you in the long run. Picture this, 2 years from now they are working on the new contract and UPS knows its all about greed. They will give you 60.00 an hour bring the ratio down to 3-1. Since 66% of the people will still be here how many of you guys would jump all over it? Don't cut your own throat and the guy next to you for greed. Just little advice from the old guy waiting to leave.

UPSSOCKS

Union labor is what makes UPS strong. That's why 2727 must stop UPS from outsourcing our jobs! Vote NO on the TA, and YES to a new Eboard.

I disagree, union labor weakens both UPS and the Teamsters. Sounds confusing but it really isn't. Just like your contract you are talking about. A yes vote will happen and another part of your brotherhood suffers and it becomes weaker. The union labor weakens it union because of poor decision making. Union labor weakens the company because of its laziness and lack of work ethic....

geneva54

The way I see it UPS has plenty of lift, just not using it as effective has FedEx. Most airports UPS arrives in AM and sits for about 16 hours. Fed Ex comes and goes all day long moving US Mail and etc. If there is a demand for MD-11 from SDF-CLE then so be it fly the MD-11. Fed Ex is flying MD-10/11 all over there domestic market. In regards to who kills more companies, that is mis-management more than unions. How many great companies fell to poor management that lined their pockets with golden parachutes? Is it true that there is another investigation of voter fraud at IBT 2727? If so we should not be voting on this contract! I have noticed plenty of me, me, me going on here about this contract. I am hearing as long as you are in the 4-1 ratio then all is good and your voting yes, even if it on paper things don't look just right. Don't make it all about money the greed will destroy you in the long run. Picture this, 2 years from now they are working on the new contract and UPS knows its all about greed. They will give you 60.00 an hour bring the ratio down to 3-1. Since 66% of the people will still be here how many of you guys would jump all over it? Don't cut your own throat and the guy next to you for greed. Just little advice from the old guy waiting to leave.

The re-vote really has nothing to do with the TA Contract that is to be voted on.

mrv

The re-vote really has nothing to do with the TA Contract that is to be voted on.

If your willing to disenfranchise 250 members by not counting their vote in order to win a election, what makes you think this TA is in the best intrest of the membership?

luvubas

If your willing to disenfranchise 250 members by not counting their vote in order to win a election, what makes you think this TA is in the best intrest of the membership?
The contract will pass and Combine will stay by an overwhelming majority!

geneva54

Well first of all the current board spent the past 5 yrs or so on it. And the second point is that everyone will have a chance to vote yes or no on the current TA or not vote at all. I think we are owed this choice after waiting for so long.

If Darmento does get back in then he can work on the contract in 2013 which isnt that far away.