Local 2727 update

luvubas

Writing your congressman and senators won't do any good UPS makes big donations to their campaign funds and that money speaks louder than your words.

airbusfxr

What few no voters we have will not any outcome on the vote. I want all hostages freed and back to work. Sdf people are covering ot of the laid offs and as long as this happens "it is what it is". Let's buy a Sea Ray instead of a Cobalt and wait till 2013. The drivers get free health care and every one of them should stand by us because ups wanted union members to pay. Thanks to us all IBTers will continue the same level of hc.

Pacman

How are those delusions? The Aircraft Mechanics just aren't that important in the larger scheme of the Teamsters Union. Precedent, from the one of the smallest group?

geneva54

What few no voters we have will not any outcome on the vote. I want all hostages freed and back to work. Sdf people are covering ot of the laid offs and as long as this happens "it is what it is". Let's buy a Sea Ray instead of a Cobalt and wait till 2013. The drivers get free health care and every one of them should stand by us because ups wanted union members to pay. Thanks to us all IBTers will continue the same level of hc.

And that is another point. Those of you who are working OT while your "Brothers" are on Lay Off should look at themselves instead of putting all the blame on Outsourcing. Shame on you!!!

mrv

And that is another point. Those of you who are working OT while your "Brothers" are on Lay Off should look at themselves instead of putting all the blame on Outsourcing. Shame on you!!!

Right! Greedy and shelfish..just like those who vote Yes on the contract. Anyone who would sell out their profession and laidoff mechanics for a dollar a year should be ashamed!!!!!!

mrv

Remember the B scale Airbus? A yes vote is no different. Sellout your junior mechanic for a buck a year.

UPSSOCKS

Remember the B scale Airbus? A yes vote is no different. Sellout your junior mechanic for a buck a year.

He would of sold out his junior mechanic for a free lunch.... By the way check out the overtime these guys have been putting in. I can see they really are concerned about the laid of folks..

airbusfxr

The b scale was industry standard. I started out being lower waged and it took a few years to top out. Let's see,a new hire will take 5 years to get to 104k. Any questions?

Obi-Wan

The b scale was industry standard. I started out being lower waged and it took a few years to top out. Let's see,a new hire will take 5 years to get to 104k. Any questions?

Airbusfxr, it is not a question about B scale, it is a question as to why the B scale mechanics are getting a max $.83 cent raise and topped out mechanics are getting a $3.75 raise? It should have been an even raise across the board. New mechanics will start out at a pay that is only $.63 cents higher than it was in 2001, is that fair, could you live on that? What happend to the cost of living increase for them? The overtime hours being worked by mechanics in SDF is rediculous, especially with our brothers still out on lay off. If you are paid a good wage, you should not have to work overtime! Stop working overtime and those mechanics will get called back!

mrv

This contract is all about buying off topped out mechanics at the expense of laidoff , junior and future mechanics. The hope is that the majority is more interested in getting a new boat than protecting their jobs or profession. These are the same guys that line their pockets with overtime while 150 guys sit on the street. This is a concessionary contract in all respects. The only thing we are getting that we don'nt already have is a buck a year while allowing or jobs and future to fly away to China.

luvubas

Airbusfxr, it is not a question about B scale, it is a question as to why the B scale mechanics are getting a max $.83 cent raise and topped out mechanics are getting a $3.75 raise? It should have been an even raise across the board. New mechanics will start out at a pay that is only $.63 cents higher than it was in 2001, is that fair, could you live on that? What happend to the cost of living increase for them? The overtime hours being worked by mechanics in SDF is rediculous, especially with our brothers still out on lay off. If you are paid a good wage, you should not have to work overtime! Stop working overtime and those mechanics will get called back!
You r wasting your breath,mechanics always worked overtime and always will,just because u want us to think that u r some great money manager and live within your means doesn't mean that u r the blueprint for AMT's everywhere and if we don't work the OT on our own then the company will force you to,it really is a waste of breath and thought process to even think that AMT's won't work OT.Get over your bitterness and issues and start looking for a boat!Oh sorry your raise is probally.83 cents.

UPSSOCKS

This contract is all about buying off topped out mechanics at the expense of laidoff , junior and future mechanics. The hope is that the majority is more interested in getting a new boat than protecting their jobs or profession. These are the same guys that line their pockets with overtime while 150 guys sit on the street. This is a concessionary contract in all respects. The only thing we are getting that we don'nt already have is a buck a year while allowing or jobs and future to fly away to China.

Well put... Vote YES!!!!!

isn't funny how you all unite against management BUT when personal interest are at stake unity vanishes. The top mechanics will get this thing passed because the company wants it passed. I believe I said before that Airbusfxr would walk away from this deal unhappy, I believe I even bet on it. It was a bad bet on my part because I thought airbusfxr was all about brotherhood and the well being of his union brothers. I had no idea he would be for the payoff. I definitely misjudged him. All that talk about striking for ground employees was BS. He won't even back his own local brothers....

ANYHOW VOTE YES!!!!!!!!

UPSSOCKS

You r wasting your breath,mechanics always worked overtime and always will,just because u want us to think that u r some great money manager and live within your means doesn't mean that u r the blueprint for AMT's everywhere and if we don't work the OT on our own then the company will force you to,it really is a waste of breath and thought process to even think that AMT's won't work OT.Get over your bitterness and issues and start looking for a boat!Oh sorry your raise is probally.83 cents.

I love it... It's like the people that are voting "yes" are management and the "no voters" are the union members. This is wonderful.

Did I mention this is very similiar to starting wage for part time employees. It started just like this. A contract was up, the voters chose money for them and the hell with the future members. Now you have people still suffering from those choices across the country.

mrv

Hey, I thought you were going into management? You're real good at beating down other mechanics.....a perfect fit for management! Do use all a favor and put your letter in for management. No room for a company man in any Union!

luvubas

Hey, I thought you were going into management? You're real good at beating down other mechanics.....a perfect fit for management! Do use all a favor and put your letter in for management. No room for a company man in any Union!

I tried to go but they turned me down,so now all I can do is be bitter about not being accepted and work all of the OT I can and look for a new boat to replace the old boat that I bought with all that OT I have been working!

mrv

Well put... Vote YES!!!!!

isn't funny how you all unite against management BUT when personal interest are at stake unity vanishes. The top mechanics will get this thing passed because the company wants it passed. I believe I said before that Airbusfxr would walk away from this deal unhappy, I believe I even bet on it. It was a bad bet on my part because I thought airbusfxr was all about brotherhood and the well being of his union brothers. I had no idea he would be for the payoff. I definitely misjudged him. All that talk about striking for ground employees was BS. He won't even back his own local brothers....

ANYHOW VOTE YES!!!!!!!!

Upssocks you're enjoying this way to much, unfortunatly we keep making the same mistake...like a broken record. Hopefully we get another chance with the re-election.

luvubas

Upssocks you're enjoying this way to much, unfortunatly we keep making the same mistake...like a broken record. Hopefully we get another chance with the re-election.

No one in their right mind would ever put Joe back in office,he has lost the last 3 elections and if he was so great he would have never been voted out.The could re-vote every month and the outcome would be the same,Joe is finished,his days of injustice to this local 2727 is over.Get over it Joe lovers.

mrv

No one in their right mind would ever put Joe back in office,he has lost the last 3 elections and if he was so great he would have never been voted out.The could re-vote every month and the outcome would be the same,Joe is finished,his days of injustice to this local 2727 is over.Get over it Joe lovers.

Vote for Joe and you can get a bigger Boat! Now may be the time for you to make your move to management.