Local 2727 update

mrv

Ace the e-board does not care about laid off mechanics or the people on the bottom. If they cared there would of been an attempt to to bring everyone back with this agreement. At a minimum all laid off mech's should of been brought back when they agreed to send our work to China. Nobody's coming back if this thing passes.

ACE

Ace the e-board does not care about laid off mechanics or the people on the bottom. If they cared there would of been an attempt to to bring everyone back with this agreement. At a minimum all laid off mech's should of been brought back when they agreed to send our work to China. Nobody's coming back if this thing passes.

Not to mention the great MOU. After ratification it would be funny to see the company furlough every mechanic in every gateway. Bob can draft up a new MOU and we will get approximately 800 temp jobs.

ACE

I heard the Power Point Presentation was produced by IE. I'd tend to believe it. Most of the pig farmers in SDF barely know how to turn a computer on.

airbusfxr

I have never voted yes even for a Joe contract. Furcheck always said there is more the RLA lets companies put out a pig then have a show hog sitting on the desk to slide in.

It has been 5 days now since the Joint Council Hearing on the 12th of February and I have heard no reference to it here.
Is that because no one has heard any information about the outcome?
Or is it that no one cares that Combine and Election Services didn't bother to show up and don't care that over 250 union paying members votes were on time and did not get counted?

We spent $24,000 of our union dues for this piece of work. Anybody think it was worth it?

billboard.jpg
billboard.jpg

airbusfxr

The findings of the Joint Councel will not make any difference to SDFers. They want an end to this stalemate. The contract expires, and I use that term loosely, in 2013, by then Joe will be able to save us from ourselves.

oreana123

Airbusfxr- I quoted a previous post by upssox. I got nothing but respect for you.

The idea that a couple of days in a school gives a supervisor enough experience to even voice an opinion is a big joke. Such a statement really shows how ignorant a person can be. It also shows what is really wrong with the way Upsco tries to run an airline. As if an AMT did not have enough responsibilities, dealing with no-nothing supervisors creates a hostile environment, wastes time, and creates a group of people who mistakenly feel that they are "calling the shots". Let's take the dude who keeps saying, "work as your ordered". He thinks the maintenance business model is just like being good Germans. It also shows his ignorance of the situation. There is no person to tell me what to do, except the voices in my head. Ha.

I got warned for my last comment here, which was deleted because it was hitting too close to home. It seems $%#cks got his panties in a wad because of my post, I am done here. I will always work to undermine the idiotic suggestions and no-nothing rules formulated by airline wanne-be package supervisors or tractor mechanic sups, of which *&^%^cks represents the very worst case. Take care and keep the aircraft flying.

UPSSOCKS

I got warned for my last comment here, which was deleted because it was hitting too close to home. It seems $%#cks got his panties in a wad because of my post, I am done here. I will always work to undermine the idiotic suggestions and no-nothing rules formulated by airline wanne-be package supervisors or tractor mechanic sups, of which *&^%^cks represents the very worst case. Take care and keep the aircraft flying.

Don't worry if he can't we have some outsourced folks that will keep the aircraft flying to help.... VOTE YES!!!!!!

geneva54

The findings of the Joint Councel will not make any difference to SDFers. They want an end to this stalemate. The contract expires, and I use that term loosely, in 2013, by then Joe will be able to save us from ourselves.

Couldnt agree more. This whole thing seems like it has turned into Combine vs Darmento instead of using common sense on the main issue here which is the contract. Start negotiating again in 2013 which isnt that far away.
Things in the Middle East are turning to :censored2: which could adversely affect our economy again for obvious reasons. UPS tends to overreact with any downturn in the economy...........which as we found out doesnt help if you are trying to get a decent contract.

As far as outsourcing goes.............it sucks!!!! These companies in the US are giving our childrens jobs away. The bottom line is that it doesnt really matter whether UPS is outsourcing or not when it comes to layoffs. Even if they got rid of outsourcing completely they still could lay people off.

mrv

So your willing to give up your childrens jobs for this contact? Make a stand a vote no! You'll never get these jobs back once you let them go.

geneva54

So your willing to give up your childrens jobs for this contact? Make a stand a vote no! You'll never get these jobs back once you let them go.

My point is that numerous companies here in the United States are outsourcing jobs..........UPS is just one of many. The floodgates were opened a long time ago.
Make a "stand" by writing to your Congressman and Senators who have let this happen. UPS is going to do outsourcing no matter what wording you put in the contract. Face reality.............