Local 710 - how are you voting

How are you voting?

• For

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Against

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

710 steward

Uh Mr Steward it was 71 outside yesterday, took the Harley out, played with the kids, its called having a life, maybe you wouldn't be so miserable if you had one. This Baboon feels sorry for you. Still waiting to have that beer.....

That's great. Seriously. I checked when I woke up this morning before I started my day. I did family time as well yesterday. Birthday here and took them out yo their favorite spot for lunch and some shopping.

710 steward

Probably because our union :censored2: away millions building a new union hall with a fancy bar, New Tahoes, gift cards and who knows what else. But voting no on this contract isn't going to change anything. We have BA's who retire, then take a job on the grievance panel, its not right, but constantly whining on a chat room isn't going to solve anything.

Believe it or not I agree with most of this. Freezing the pension and splitting the annual increases is the right way to go. Maybe you disagree but this is my belief and IF we could get this it would have to be a contractual agreement.

HollandMan73

Do you do that, at your Locals monthly meeting ?

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion. But, there is a proper venue.

I'm not disagreeing with your point of view.

If you have ever read any of my posts.... I continually harp, on member involvement.

If more members got involved, things could be different.

What was your Locals voting percentage, on your recent agreement ?

-Bug-

Bug.....historically our voting percentages have always been pretty low(sadly). As far as this being the right venue to express opinions--I think this is a great place to express open honest opinions and to vent in general.
I agree with you %100...we as members are the union and we need more involvement from the members to affect change.
What do you think we can do to accomplish that? How can we as a whole make our voices heard about the pension issue? I am certainly open to any good suggestions.....Take care