How are you voting?

• For

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Against

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Is your local still negotiating a supplement? If so I'm surprised it hasn't been forced through by now.

710 steward

I think you are right on the money about the way the voting will break down. These kids working the belt really could use the extra money. I realize that. What it comes down to is how many will vote. Time will tell. There's going to be a ton of no votes. I don't see this passing with flying colors if it passes. At this time I'm not sure which way this goes. So many full time people upset about the retirement situation.

upser710

The same at our center. Full timers more concerned with long term effects rather than money now. Ive heard ballots will be mailed end of month. I've also heard ballots might be handed out at some centers to ensure part timers receive theirs. (rumor going around)

710 steward

The same at our center. Full timers more concerned with long term effects rather than money now. Ive heard ballots will be mailed end of month. I've also heard ballots might be handed out at some centers to ensure part timers receive theirs. (rumor going around)

Not saying it won't happen, but I highly doubt they pass ballots out. That's a great way to stuff a ballot box. How many people flat out don't care? Lots. Now imagine a full timer buying them for $10 a pop. That's a lot of no votes fast. I could very well be wrong but I don't see that.

Last edited:

Inthegame

Not saying it won't happen, but I highly doubt they pass ballots out. That's a great way to stuff a ballot box. How many people flat out don't care? Lots. Now imagine a full timer buying them for $10 a pop. That's a lot of no votes fast. I could very well be wrong but I don't see that.
I'll say it, it won't happen. All ballots will be mailed.

Re-Raise

I think it will pass. There hasn't been much indication from the local that they can get us anything else. To be honest, they aren't even trying to get us anything else. Teamcare is coming and the lack of pension increases is not even a contract issue. If it fails they will ask for a strike authorization. That will probably fail and they will just force the contract on us.

HollandMan73

How can there not be a pension increase? $600 a week into the pension by the end of the contract for a $3,300 monthly pension......the pension was $3, 000 a month 15 YEARS ago! WTF!!

upser710

I've heard a lot of reasons why people are voting no, i'm curious to know why people are voting yes? Are there pros to this contract that I'm not seeing.

scisector9

Most people I talk to say they are voting no bit I think a lot of that is tough talk to save face. A lot of part time workers will vote yes for the back pay and I think full timers will also for the same reason. We are going on 18 months of retro pay and that could equal some lofty pay checks

I think what really hurt 710 was 705 passing first ballot. If we were to both hold out we could have shut down cache and had a more favorable hand to play. Now that we are the last hold out I think the IBT and ups just want it to end. It doesn't help that they are repeatedly threatening no retroactivity guaranteed with a second no vote.

I think it will be close but will pass barely.

710 steward

Most people I talk to say they are voting no bit I think a lot of that is tough talk to save face. A lot of part time workers will vote yes for the back pay and I think full timers will also for the same reason. We are going on 18 months of retro pay and that could equal some lofty pay checks

I think what really hurt 710 was 705 passing first ballot. If we were to both hold out we could have shut down cache and had a more favorable hand to play. Now that we are the last hold out I think the IBT and ups just want it to end. It doesn't help that they are repeatedly threatening no retroactivity guaranteed with a second no vote.

I think it will be close but will pass barely.

Any full timer telling you they are voting no is telling you the truth. Back pay means nothing compared to nothing happening for theses people's retirement.