Local Officials to Vote On UPS & UPS Freight Deals on August 9

M

MenInBrown

6CD70314-1761-4E0F-8F1F-12FB387EC6E6.jpeg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We were fortunate to have a union meeting this month where we could voice our displeasure toward the national master agreement.
Our local executive board voted to not recommend the national master. I assume this would cause a no vote at the 2 person meeting.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If the majority of the 2-committee members vote no, back to the table.
What I see as an unprecedented new wrinkle, is that this "tentative/handshake agreement" has been released to the membership prior to the "Two Man Meeting"???

It will be interesting to see what, if any Locals, choose to have a "special meeting" during this typically "dark" summer period to actually caucus their members....

....then have the stones to vote accordingly at this "Two Man Meeting".

~Bbbl~

Superteeth2478

Well that's sooner than I expected. Hope some locals have sense to go against it
With how deeply politics are entrenched in the IBT, most everyone in the leadership of the locals has an incentive to pander to the current leadership by supporting the contract regardless of whether they know it's a bad deal or not...

Superteeth2478

We were fortunate to have a union meeting this month where we could voice our displeasure toward the national master agreement.
Our local executive board voted to not recommend the national master. I assume this would cause a no vote at the 2 person meeting.
...although there do still exist people with integrity who actually have the best interests of the membership at heart rather than a fast path up the ladder to power.

M

MenInBrown

...although there do still exist people with integrity who actually have the best interests of the membership at heart rather than a fast path up the ladder to power.

I know that UPS wants to pander to the PTs to try and get this crap to pass, but what the union needs to be aware of, is those PTs don’t care about the union elections. Remember Teamsters, these people you are selling out, are the same ones that will vote your ass out of office. Put your name on this crap and you are sealing your fate to be unemployed. Bye Felecia.

Inthegame

With how deeply politics are entrenched in the IBT, most everyone in the leadership of the locals has an incentive to pander to the current leadership by supporting the contract regardless of whether they know it's a bad deal or not...
For some the concern is the possible ramifications will be suffered by members (at panels) if the official "steps out".
Yep...but yet at the 2013 two man meeting, the leading vote no local officials were conspicuously silent, that is until they left the meeting and were safely in the confines of their home locals.
Analysis paralysis??? Or just politics?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
For some the concern is the possible ramifications will be suffered by members (at panels) if the official "steps out".

Yep.

Some will go along, to get along.

Yep...but yet at the 2013 two man meeting, the leading vote no local officials were conspicuously silent, that is until they left the meeting and were safely in the confines of their home locals. Analysis paralysis??? Or just politics?

Politics.

Because, the vote was unanimous.

Which is funny now....

Because Fred Z is recommending yes for the Local 89 rider (that he negotiated).

But, I've read it and it's nothing earth shattering and what is conspicuously missing

is any language addressing the whole "shuttle" issue that was such a bid deal last time.

-Bug-

STL Cards

Banned
Yep.

Politics.

Which is funny now....

But, I've read it and it's nothing earth shattering and what is conspicuously missing

is any language addressing the whole "shuttle" issue that was such a bid deal last time.

-Bug-
What is

Up

With

The

Spacing

???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep.

Politics.

Which is funny now....

-Bug-
Has he “officially” come out to recommend a no vote on the national contract???