Local Officials to Vote On UPS & UPS Freight Deals on August 9

Tony Q

What is the point of them voting on it?
It is for any local officials who don't agree with the contract to stand up, voice their displeasure and vote no to endorse the contract. During the last contract it was overwhelmingly endorsed and then the local officers went back to their respective locals and went back on their initial yes votes. Some claimed they were scared while others used it as a spring board to get their own political agendas out in the open.

bowhnterdon

It is for any local officials who don't agree with the contract to stand up, voice their displeasure and vote no to endorse the contract. During the last contract it was overwhelmingly endorsed and then the local officers went back to their respective locals and went back on their initial yes votes. Some claimed they were scared while others used it as a spring board to get their own political agendas out in the open.
You said earlier I could ask a question. Here it goes. Why can’t /won’t the Union allow retiree’s to join Teamcare? Compared to some of the other plans, it is a good deal. We get burned for $600 for single coverage and the plan is about half of what you get as an active employee

Tony Q

You said earlier I could ask a question. Here it goes. Why can’t /won’t the Union allow retiree’s to join Teamcare? Compared to some of the other plans, it is a good deal. We get burned for $600 for single coverage and the plan is about half of what you get as an active employee
This depends on your supplement. There are many different plans across the country.

bowhnterdon

This depends on your supplement. There are many different plans across the country.
Atlantic. My JC treats retiree’s like rented Mules. Why not have all retiree’s in Teamcare? Because no one wants us.. we only take out and don’t put in $ anymore

Jim Rockford

Yep.

Some will go along, to get along.

is any language addressing the whole "shuttle" issue that was such a bid deal last time.

-Bug-

Im 89...and i thought the same thing. Its unacceptable that this is not addressed. They are talking about moving our parking lot to the other side of I-65 which means we'd have to ride 2 shuttles.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I sure hope they video conference it and present it to the rank and file. It would be informative entertainment and on the plus side provide a great deal of accountability.:thumbup1:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I sure hope they video conference it and present it to the rank and file. It would be informative entertainment and on the plus side provide a great deal of accountability.:thumbup1:

That will never happen.

The private business of the Union, is not for public consumption.

There will be audio, I'm sure.

Not unless someone tries to covertly record it on their phone.

"All in favor.....I"

....."all opposed.....crickets"

The "I's" have it....best contract ever!!!!

I can almost assure you, there will be political grandstanding this time.

But, it won't be the majority....

The outcome of the contract, is in the hands of the members.

But, the "vote no" people are worried if the 50% and 2/3 stipulations aren't met

the Master will pass. And then, the supplements can be imposed.

-Bug-

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That will never happen.

The private business of the Union, is not for public consumption.

Not unless someone tries to covertly record it on their phone.

I can almost assure you, there will be political grandstanding this time.

But, it won't be the majority....

The outcome of the contract, is in the hands of the members.

But, the "vote no" people are worried if the 50% and 2/3 stipulations aren't met

the Master will pass. And then, the supplements can be imposed.

-Bug-

And we wonder why there is so much distrust from the membership on the way this contract is going down. Why not be open with the minutes of these meetings, are they on transcript or being recorded and when will they be presented to the rank and file.

This two man committee vote will really show the true nature of the leadership in your locals. The local representatives better be voting how the majority is leaning on this contract, no dog and pony show of badmouthing the international but worried about losing their positions.

The loophole of the 50% and 2/3 requirement does worry most of us considering what happen in 2013, there is history and evidence to support that concern.

Apparently this is going to drag out way pass the deadline, I expect it will be settled before this coming peak season. It might affect the bottom line if it does not, the closer we get to Christmas the more effective that passed strike vote in the hands of the International will be.

Everybody is waiting on the Supplemental and Rider language once that comes out we really will see how this plays out. So far I have just received two flyers in my mail about this contract mostly about the 22.4's and the improvements. The sell hasn't started yet, once we see the entire completed contract then people will vote one way or another. Right now I expect most will vote "No" just with the history of the last contract and the last Election results. This could change if the Supplements and Riders improvements somehow outdo the Master's concessions and subpar GWI and Pension increases in most of the nation.