Local Sort/Preload - Top Rate

AndrewK

What is the top rate for part time Local Sort & Part Time preloaders? (I cannot find the Pay Progression chart as of the current contract for these two positions).

Thanks

WTFm8

What is the top rate for part time Local Sort & Part Time preloaders? (I cannot find the Pay Progression chart as of the current contract for these two positions).

Thanks

There is none.

You start at the starting wage and you get annual raises based on your seniority date.

AndrewK

There is none.

You start at the starting wage and you get annual raises based on your seniority date.

Why does it say Top Rate on that screen then

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190418-142517.jpg
    Screenshot_20190418-142517.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 331

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Thanks
From the contract
"Sections 5. Wages
(a) Part time Employees
All part-time employees who have attained seniority as of August
1, 2018 will receive the following general wage increases for each
contract year but will in no case receive less than the hourly start
rate specified on August 1st 2018-2022 as set forth in (b) below.

2018 seventy cents ($0.70)
2019 seventy-five cents ($0.75)
2020 eighty cents ($0.80)
2021 ninety cents ($0.90)
2022 one dollar ($1.00)"

"Newly hired part-time employees
In recognition of the fact that all of the Company’s part-time
jobs require skills and to eliminate the two (2) tier progression
existing in prior contracts, the parties have agreed to establish
one uniform hourly rate for part-time employees who would have
been subject to a progression. As such, Aall part-time employees,
who are hired or reach seniority after August 1, 20183 will be paid
according to the following wage schedules:
August 1, 2018 $13.00
August 1, 2019 $14.00
August 1, 2020 $14.50
August 1, 2021 $15.00
August 1, 2022 $15.50"

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Weird, im just confused because my pt sup said after 4 yrs you make 22$ as sort. Also numerous pt preloaders told me they rack in 25-26 an hour.
Are you in Canada?
If so 99% of the people on here are from America and won't know anything about your contract.....only that they will blame you for Hoffa jr winning the election

AndrewK

Are you in Canada?
If so 99% of the people on here are from America and won't know anything about your contract.....only that they will blame you for Hoffa jr winning the election

I am in Canada. Does that chart above include Preloaders? Many preloaders have told me they make upwards to 25/hr and believe itll be going up to around 30 with the new current contract. Also all the job sites here in Canada list that the top pay rate for local sort/preload is $23.76 for local sort and $25.99 for Preload, respectively.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I am in Canada. Does that chart above include Preloaders? Many preloaders have told me they make upwards to 25/hr and believe itll be going up to around 30 with the new current contract. Also all the job sites here in Canada list that the top pay rate for local sort/preload is $23.76 for local sort and $25.99 for Preload, respectively.

That chart is for UPS America. I have no idea what y'all contract looks like, but the information your seeking should be in it

AndrewK

That chart is for UPS America. I have no idea what y'all contract looks like, but the information your seeking should be in it

I was thinking of just converting every dollar amount you posted above in the chart into CDN dollars, but even that doesn't equal/make sense to what they are detailing on the job sites.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was thinking of just converting every dollar amount you posted above in the chart into CDN dollars, but even that doesn't equal/make sense as every hub is different i guess
Y'all are under a totally different contract than we are. Just like UPS in England. Theirs is garbage by the way.