locked keys in truck

bad company

semi-pro
Not me personally...*knock on wood*...I carry an extra key though, so I have a back-up plan just incase. Although, if one follows methods, it shouldn't really be an issue. And if for some reason I do need to put my keys away, I use my shirt pocket.

Seems fairly common though, especially for rookies. Sort of a rite of passage.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are trained to put our keys in our right front pants pocket as the cash from CODs used to go in the left front pants pocket. Don't worry, just about every rookie had done this at one time or another.

H

hseofpayne

anyone ever done this...had a guy the other day lock his keys in the back of his ups truck

I was trained to put the key ring around my middle finger. It became such a habit, I would make it half way through lunch sometimes and notice I still had them on my finger!

outamyway

i keep extra did loose key in snow one time

I came an inch from losing mine down an elevator shaft. Now I clench them every time I walk into an elevator. I keep them(most of the time) on my left index finger. Any other time I keep them in my left pants pocket.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm in the country so my bulkhead gets closed 2 times perday. llunchand return to building. but if you are my supervisor and reading this I keep it closed soo mmuhc that I only get packages from the rear by entering the back door.

H

hseofpayne

I'm in the country so my bulkhead gets closed 2 times perday. llunchand return to building. but if you are my supervisor and reading this I keep it closed soo mmuhc that I only get packages from the rear by entering the back door.

LOL!!! I have been written up for not closing door and had the same sup have to come help me during Christmas; he was lining up stops across the dash of my P700 and on the floor leading to back of car!

M

McLeod

Did that on my 29th day called sup. he said are you safe I said yes then told him the problem. He said look under the hood should be a spare there was.....felt very dumb!! As for keeping bulkhead door shut, I didn't have mine shut one time and a RadioFlyer flew off the top shelf and skidded across highway as turned on to it. Had to hustle to get that one picked up so know one would run it over.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You are pretty much a virgin at UPS until you lock your keys in the back for the first (and hopefully the last) time. After I did it, I was very diligent about keeping that key on my finger...until the day I dropped it in a urinal while taking a leak. Now it stays in my pocket.

H

hseofpayne

You are pretty much a virgin at UPS until you lock your keys in the back for the first (and hopefully the last) time. After I did it, I was very diligent about keeping that key on my finger...until the day I dropped it in a urinal while taking a leak. Now it stays in my pocket.
I have to use both hands at the urinal, so I can usually catch the keys with the lower hand if I drop 'em!